[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

Yesterday while playing some mp3, after 2 songs the one on deck 2 didn’t start. I tried pressing on cue and hot cues too, but nothing, I reloaded the song, I loaded another song, but the deck 2 was blocked! I had to restart the Prime go!

After restarting I tried the same sequence and all was ok. Please have you the old firmware 1.4.x? I can’t find online, thanks!

8 Likes

my problems appeared after updating to 1.5.1 to me the deck does not lock, but the led of mic 1 starts flashing without stopping. it blinks without any microphone connected, both with the microphone on and off, with the mic volume turned up, and with the volume at zero. and I add that the music goes and feels good, no noise or noises and if I had to plug in a microphone, it works fine. I can’t explain why this continuous flashing … and I add that with the previous firmware (practically the one installed by the manufacturer) I did not have this problem.

Please how did you rollback of firmware? thanks

by rollback do you mean to install an older version?

Yes, it’s not available on Denondj website

in fact there is no going back. yesterday I installed the 1.5.2 hoping that this flash would disappear, but nothing !!!

:sweat:

honestly, apart from disabling the crossfader and split cue, I didn’t find any great things in the 1.5.1 update. indeed, I have read instead of many problems it has caused. and this explains the immediate release of 1.5.2 (which in my opinion does not do much) … in denon they did not care about streaming, but the requests made by users only made the simplest ones!

Yes, I hope this is solved soon!

i have the same problem on the jog 1 and a problem with led mic 2. i don’t know how can i downgrade mi denon dj prime go

why has there been no official response in all this time?

I also had a problem with the microphone led (mic 1). it practically always flashed even though there was no microphone connected. I sent the console for assistance and the technician changed an integrated. all in about a week.

and I tell you this from direct experience, contact your dealer and not denon technical support. they answer you, if it suits you, after 3/4 days and giving incorrect suggestions. they suggested that I put the original firmware back: first they sent me the firmware 1.4.0 of the first 4 while the original firmware of the first go is 1.5.0, then realizing the error they told me that they did not know where to go to find the sign correct. in the end, after several weeks of waiting for their response, they write to me to contact the dealer to activate the warranty repair channels!

1 Like

small update. yesterday I tried the console after returning from assistance. they fixed the problem of the microphone led and now I have another problem. the led of the ROLL key is always lit, even when another function is selected for the pads. now I am really angry and will ask for the immediate replacement of the machine which is clearly faulty!

So this is an isolated issue or are other owners seeing same the issues? I am warry of updating the firmware and still have the initial firmware installed.

I would think Denon would be all over debugging immediate errors…

Thanks for any info.

So I did finally upgrade no issues…

I did notice it the screen showed 1.52 engine OS at one point, which made me almost feel like it was done and ready to go… but waited until it was showed the full library screen again and proceeded to do a quick reboot.

Hope that helps. Was glad to hear the headphone output was boosted as well as better master output overall. I did mine via USB update, FYI.

Having a similar problem with deck 2 freezing. I initially thought it was related to some long ago copied mp3 files but its happened a few times while streaming with Tidal. I hate having to restart during a set due to this problem… any word on correcting this from anyone??? I’m also on software 1.5.2 but that doesn’t seem to matter either… Help??

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. If your decks are intermittently locking up, please send me a PM with your contact details and I’ll have one of my colleagues in Technical Support reach out to assist you.

2 Likes

Did this issue get resolved? I’m keen to upgrade but if there’s underlying issues with the firmware, then I’ll hold out. Thanks!

Just been contacted by Denon saying that my Prime Go “requires a service” because if this issue. Seems hard to believe as it didn’t happen before upgrading. It can’t have used it for more than 10 hours in the few months I’ve had it.

I have the same issue on deck #2, it happens randomly, I have tried many times to repeat the same sequence but it seems to be not a systematic issue. Somebody has received a repaired unit from Denon? Do I need to ask for repair? I still hope that a firmware update will solve this issue

mine, after having been in assistance for a problem on the microphone LED, when she returned home shows another problem on the ROLL LED which is always on. At this point the dealer immediately replaced it with a new unit.