Request for Prime Versa or whatever you want to call it

About 1" wider Prime Versa than the GO with standard rear mixer inputs, long pitch faders, slightly larger jogs, better meters, second USB drive port, split cue, no battery, and maybe a SATA bay.

• I’m down with this clown.
  • I don’t see the point.
0 voters

I would say go with the P2 then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prime 2 is only 3" narrower than the P4 and you’re still losing standard rear mixer inputs and two layers & upfaders for only a savings of, at max, $300 compared to the P4. People that worried about $300 to lose out on all that are probably going to just use a cheap controller and laptop. Both the P4 and P2 are not what I’d call that portable. In fact, I’d have an easier time transporting the full size separates in individual plastic cases than one big all-in-one that won’t fit in a backpack.

Maybe Engine Versa. :innocent:

No vote from me. Sorry. Good luck.

1 Like

Same from me, no vote from me.

There’s small (Prime Go) medium (Prime 2) and large (Prime 4) already. Everything is going to have something that someone would want different.

Maybe, Lego should start doing DJ equipment,

5 Likes

Come on Reticuli, embrace the future. What we see is what we get. Maybe next namm.

1 Like

Reticuli wants a portable device with 10mm pitch faders - not really needed thing on portable device, so… You want TT feel, buy TT’s??

I want this sort of scale on the faders, jogs, and meters…

Here’s the rear…

1 Like

I know the product very well. It was ahead of it’s time, first ever stand alone console. Even before XDJ-RX. I really like it, but it’s pretty old for todays standards. For the layout maybe for Prime GO2, they can make this proportions. Now it has no sense to even complain about it.

1 Like

Hence the reason it needs an update but with these types of control proportions and capabilities. The Prime 2 isn’t that portable and is missing features at that price from the slightly larger and only slightly more expensive Prime 4, anyway. The GO is not really going to be very good for manual mixing on with all the teeny tiny stuff on it. And both are missing the rear mixer inputs.

We did it back in the days on dual decks with oreo size jog wheels, no bpm counters, no sync, no track names even… So come on, this is not that bad. Yes, can be better, but give it time, to evolve. The market will determine the product not a single person.

No offense here, just my observation. It always looks like You try to force Your right in every product aspect on this forum. Always it looks like You know better then all engineers behind the product. Why are You not working in any of the companies that develop stage equipment? Take it easy, maybe a vacation? I work in QC and R&D of stage lighting equipment and stage visuals on daily basis, I know how a product development looks like and how hard sometimes is to implement something even software wise.

Denon is listening, thats why we have these products, and thats why we have SC6000’s and X1850. Be cool with that, let’s try to help them develop, but don’t push too much. We know what’s on the road map as Jason said: BPM detection improvement, flexible grids, sampler. Let’s help them make it the best out of it.

5 Likes

You conveniently keep focusing on the jogs and not the pitch faders, meters, or lack of rear mixer inputs…

I also didn’t promote BPM counters or sync one bit. I hate that stuff. Where have you been?

Oh and split cue, it needs that, too. Surprised the GO doesn’t have that considering its target market seems to be rich DJs on a plane doing prep and headphone-only practice work.

1 Like

No, the dual decks had tiny pitch faders too. Remember? Mixer inputs for a stand alone baby dual player? Why? It’s not a mixer, it’s a stand alone thing! Split cue? I didn’t used it ever in my life. Don’t like it, I want more to blend it normally in both headphones. Or one ear monitoring and single ear headphone, with still mixed cue in it. Meters in such a portable device? For not overdriving the small bluetooth speaker? This is not a Festival grade device - portable.

I never used short useless pitch faders. My first decks were in 2000/2001 from Numark. Long pitch fader Axis 8s and long pitch fader TT-200s. I worked with Elliot Marx to try and get the kinks out of the 8s… you’re welcome Axis 9 purchasers.

I played on almost everything what dj market had to offer from 1990. Dual decks, first cd players, dj controllers, turn tables, modular setups, cdj’s, dn-s series, numarks (didn’t like the axis how they look actually), Gemini, american audio, citronic, synq, numark, stanton, Technics (liked the SL-DZ1200’s, but they sounded digital on scratch) you name it… never had an issue with the way the gear was design. I was able to adapt to any option, size of the gear or how it functioned. So maybe You should also try to adapt to the new device…? Buy it, get familiar with it, try to like it the way it is. Hardware is this way, it can be improved software wise maybe. But shooting already about how it should look like is no way to talk with someone who spend a lot of time, resources, tests and released the product that is not only designed by them, but also by the market. The consumer helps to shape the product. You are not alone here. They listen to many other people. I think that Your biggest influence on the new Denon products will be the sound quality. They admitted that the improvements are both in software (on new stuff and maybe coming soon to older stuff) and new hardware.

You also forgot to mention it’s also for those guys on the boat where the PGo pic was “leaked”

1 Like

Wow, you got your start DJing in 1990 on the earliest CD rack players? In your “why I changed my rider” piece I thought you looked barely even born by 1990. Dang, that’s some good aging! I was a late bloomer. I really didn’t know anything about DJing until I moved to Vegas, and then I was like, “they play that electronic music I listen to in nightclubs?”

Nonetheless, it seems odd to me considering you liked the Versadeck and I’ve just demonstrated with photos (which you didn’t need) that it’s possible to get bigger controls and mixer rear inputs on a unit of about 17" wide, and you’re still somehow defending outdated control types from 1990. You’re not like being sponsored by InMusic or something?

We’re they the Numark TT-1s. I still have one in the attic.

Were what the TT-1s?

I was born in the 80’s. I didn’t started djing in 1990. But no one told me that the first cdj’s were not usable after they passed 10 years of lifetime, so I used them, when found in some clubs.

2 Likes