PRIME GO: My wishlist for the next update

Forgive me, but I don’t think this is that famous limit. If I remember correctly from the utility menu you can not adjust the attenuation of the microphone? So, since you can already somehow give a preference to the microphone, I don’t see this limitation to be able to equalize it! I don’t ask for an adjustment of highs, mids and lows. It would also be sufficient to be able to have a tone adjustment.

1 Like

Yes, so there is some kind of control signal going from the CPU to the mic routing, but that does not mean it actually capable of shaping the sound (tone/eq’s). Adjusting volume/sensitivity of a mic is way less complex than actually shaping it. Noiseriser describes the most logical explanations for this and I would also bet it is #1.

1 Like

This can be done by a simple transistor with a main CPU controling voltage on that transistor (your digital value changed to a analog voltage (let’s say between 0 and 3V) for that transistor to gain up or down. So There is Your digital control over an analog circuit, that does not have to go thru DSP. Same You can do with a ATMEGA with 2 buttons (up and down) to control a transistor that is controlling Your Lamp brightness with voltage, that this Atmega can’t handle it self.

2 Likes

Well the prime go is sort of in a niche. Which controller is that compact and has a battery built-in? They probably didn’t have the room to fit anymore features in that form factor. It’s fine that you would never buy it, which means you are not the targeted audience for this device. For people which need a mic with EQ, they made the prime 2.

1 Like

Not exactly, as inside the device there is enough space to fit in a MIC dsp, just it will take also extra power off the battery. Maybe the bigger battery, mic EQ and FX will be in mk2 or something similar some day. For now it is what it is, and we need to live with it. I am very confident, that with this product Denon only checked the market for it, and a mk2 version is in the making, since it gained popularity. Maybe on next NAMM we will get a surprise with the improved version of GO, that can have all our requests build in from day 1.

Hi! I wish that it would be possible to sample small samples/drumbeats and have it saved/recalled (like Manual loops) under a secondary function of Hot Cue/Roll pad (green color). For example one-shots (samples) under Hot Cue and loops (drumbeats) under Roll. The drumbeat will sync with the tempo.

An easy editor on the touchscreen if you push and hold a samplepad would be nice (start/end, velocity, effect etc). Erase with shiftbutton as usual.

These samples is saved/recalled nomatter what music you are playing on the two decks. Not saved in a particular song.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The talk over takes too long to resume normal levels on the GO I could not see a way to adjust this like on the x1850 mixer it needs to have the same response as it is the talk over function is impractical.

_ sync +shift reset tempo or hold sync for long time

_ automix

_fader toggle tempo

_play media from lan FOLDER/ shared

_autogain

1 Like

bigger jogs is cool but not if it means a bigger overall foot print. I want a smaller Go not a bigger Go

larger battery life is good but not if it makes the Go battery to big to fly on planes.

same I put black tape over all the logos and model names.

V.2.0 is out- some nice features but:

• no Channel VU Meters für Pre-listening (can’t understand…)

• no more new effects- I miss noise and dub echo

• no cue for Aux In

• no Track tagging on the fly at the unit himself

• no smart-Playlists

I’m pretty disappointed

2 Likes

You’ve really no need to be. The GO hasn’t been out that long, compared the the Prime flagships, Prime 4 and Engine Prime software itself.

Some of the features requests for those models are years old, compared to the age of the Go. And yet, most, if not all the new features will benefit you as a Prime Go user. With hundreds of user requests made over the years, it stands to reason that not every request was going to be all in this update.

You’ve still got plenty of new features today, free, both in the OS and on Engine Prime software.

1 Like

There’s actually very little in this latest update for Prime GO users.

1 Like

Afaik, aux in is routed directly to master, so CUE over aux is not physically possible. No software update can fix that.

An option for Each deck viewable in Vu meters would be great (gain of deck one lh vu meter, deck 2 rh vu meter). It can’t be that difficult?

Option of auto gain, although this is probably more difficult than above, to promote correct levels.

At present I have not identified anything else that hinders my mixing, enjoyment. The above would be the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Since the update to 2.0, the selection buttons LOOP and ROLL on DECK 2 no longer light up on my PrimeGo?

Does anyone else have the bug?

– Fixed after restart the unit—

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.