PRIME GO: My wishlist for the next update

Here are my wishes for the next update- do you have any additions ?

• Aux cue for pre-listening
  • VU Meter for pre-listening- as a selection in the small upper drop down menu
  • Bigger font for FX Adjustment- more visible, the font is very small
  • Fast-Track-scrolling with jowheel while holding SHIFT-the function is not used
  • add a Dub echo and Noise effect (sweep) - as a selection in the small upper drop down menu
  • Jump to Track start by pressing SHIFT+ CUE
  • Add Tidal Tracks to prepare list
  • Editing Tag’s on the fly: BPM, Rating, Genre, Comment
  • Slip Mode
25 Likes

And an auto gain (Like Traktor)

11 Likes

Pitch play cue like Serato. They could use this across the line up.

Not interested in the Go myself, but here is what I would have wished (in addition to post #1):

• Tilted screen - doesn’t take any additional space as long it’s not higher than the nearby knobs.
  • 1 Mic Volume knob + 1 Mic EQ knob is more helpful than 2 Mic Volume knobs without EQ
  • VU Meters of 7 Segments, preferably seperate ones, or switchable between Mst and Ch1/2
  • Increase Jog size from 3" to 4". A slightly wider unit shouldn’t bother most people
  • Add another USB Port for Media somewhere
  • Not sure, but wouldn’t make mirrored EQs more sense? Lows inside and Gains outside.
  • Option for low-latency Bluetooth speaker connection, to make is truly “To-Go”
  • Software Support for Serato (same for the Prime 2) and VDJ, for more flexibility
5 Likes
  • USB Soundcard enabled for Live Streaming.

^ That’s all I want.

1 Like

I’ve got a prime 4 for a year now and since a few days also a prime Go. The only 2 things i like to see in an update is the possibility to split the vu meter, so i can gain the track correct if i pre listen. Second is to disable the crossfader. I touch it easily and i only use the linefaders. Other solution is to tape it, but on a class machine of 1000 euro’s i think it will hurt :wink: For the rest, i love it!!

1 Like

You can disable the Crossfader in the upper small menu :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I’d love the option when recording to have the files split into master, deck 1 and deck 2 stereo files, so there would be 3 stereo recordings. It would make editing mixes in post a whole lot easier.

Hmmm I find the auto gain in Traktor decreases the volume of the drops too much. Sometimes I still need to adjust the gain for older songs.

Would love be able to finetune looping start-and endpoints. Eg by using the jogwheel in combination with loop start or end buttons; basically like it works on the pioneer controllers. Also some additional effects would be great. There is a bug in 1.6 with the color effects; they go up in volume when you dial them in.

2 Likes

There’s already the option to disable the crossfader on the Go. It’s in the top pull down menu

2 Likes

Artist name in track readout for files and Tidal songs.

1 Like

excuse my bad english personally I would like to have the possibility of putting a small usb hub for several usb keys and a particular function use a personal cloud, I have several synology NAS with my music, my playlist on it is a pity not to be able to use it

//// excusez mon mauvais anglais personnellement j’aimerais avoir la possibilite de mettre un petit hub usb pour plusieurs clef usb et une fonction particuliere utiliser un cloud personnel , j’ai plusieurs synology NAS avec ma musique , mes playlist dessus il est dommage de ne pas pouvoir l’utiliser

1 Like

Ableton Link, adjustable bpm, optional VU on screen popout, stream track history, playlist creation/editing in streaming folders (doesn’t have to have wrieback to streaming service).

2 Likes

my wishes for the next update:

• Editing Beat Grids with Denon Prime Go
  • Cue Point in Pause
  • same Traktor 1 button to set master decck
3 Likes

What do you use instead?

Add UV meter for master and or some type of auto gain

Ability to create beatport playlist on the Go

4 Likes

+1 for an Auto Gain !!

1 Like

You can already nudge the grid with the jog wheels, and double or halve the tempo - press vinyl button to enter the mode. Or is there something else you wish to do?

1 Like

Software

• Auto gain
  • Split meter with pre fader volumes
  • Shift + Cue to jump to song start

Hardware

• Second usb slot
  • Longer battery life
  • Charge through usb A port
  • Don’t put the brand and product name on every free corner of the unit. I had to tape all of them off because it was too much

Otherwise it’s still a fantastic piece of gear though! I really love it so far.

2 Likes