PRIME GO: My wishlist for the next update

hello, sure this is useful, I did not know about this possibility. Thank you! But also It would be better if you could modify the grid, inserting new cues and variable bpm.

1 Like

Well, this is strange… Why You had to tape it??? Other dj’s didn’t tolerate better gear than they have?

But you wouldn’t be able to see it (UV light is invisible). I think maybe a VU meter would be better.

:smiley:

3 Likes

It’s a mix of things. It makes me feel like I’m an ad for the brand. I don’t want to associate myself with a brand like this unless I have a personal connection to it or I feel they need the support. I generally don’t like advertising / showing off what gear I have. And I don’t want the conversation at the party to be about what gear I’m using.

2 Likes

Make yourself a personalized Skin, on the website : 12inchskinz or dj-skins ! You will have a Skin in your image and according to your imagination.

1 Like

Option to assign an effect from the menu or from the shift button to the sweep knob and A/B buttons.

Fix VU meter for cued track or at least add auto gain.

Improve WIFI so it can manually add SSIDs for hidden networks.

More effects in general and add a noise filter that you can assign to a non playing deck.

Add a curve adjustment for channel faders

Ability to delete a track from the hardware rather than having to delete it in Engine Prime and resync

Ability to add a star rating tag.

Allow loop tightening from jog wheel

Wide pitch adjustment 0-100%

Beat grid editing to expand the grid

For MK2 looser channel faders and a led level meter around the EQ/Gain potentiometers to see your levels would be great. It’s hard to see your levels in dark environments.

6 Likes

Also allow crate creation within hardware

1 Like

I have been working with Prime Go for a few months. I am satisfied. But I miss the auto gain. I hope the next upgrade will be added!

2 Likes

This might not be a Prime GO-only issue, but this issue (Denon player freezing and restarting sporadically when loading songs imported from Rekordbox XML) is a real pain-in-the-ass for anyone that prepares music in Rekordbox (to be able to play on both Denon and Pioneer equipment): https://community.enginedj.com/t/standalone-players-freeze-sporadically-when-loading-tracks-imported-from-rekordbox-xml/34501

I would love to see a Ableton Link or similar sync support over WiFi or cable so I can control other hardware gears for example a drum machine or a synth.

I also wish that you can use more than one effect on the two decks. And different on the two decks. That could perhaps be done if you have a “custom multi effects” option that is connected to a screen that toggles different effects on/off for the two decks. Then you use the encoders to just adjust the amount of the different effects.

Thanks!

5 Likes

How about a few more Sweep FX to choose from?

Also, when no Sweep FX is chosen couldn’t the filter knob be just that? A filter?? Rather than it do nothing.

That way you could have a standard Hi/Lo Pass Filter and 2 Sweep FX to choose from.

6 Likes

I am with you great request!

1 Like

Add the FX on the MIC in Add EQ - Hi Mid Low (software) on MIC

That would be perfect!

I also support a shift + CUE function to restart the track from the beginning of the track. That doesn’t interfere with the ordinary CUE function.

And option to manage the functions of the pads. For example if I use secondary function on Bank 2 a lot it would be better to have it on first function Bank 1.

2 Likes

https://community.enginedj.com/t/hardware-limitation-microphone-equalization-prime-go/28909/14?u=noiseriser

Mic EQ Not possible due to hardware limitation

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance, but what is meant by “hardware limitations”? The absence of buttons or knobs to “physically” equalize the microphone? If they understand this as “hardware limitation” (also because I honestly can’t give other explanations to this term), can’t you manage a sort of tone adjustment of a microphone from the screen? Or is it too much to ask Denon for this mental effort?

I was going to answer, until I got to that bit

1 Like

I’d imagine it’s more to with the mic input being routed directly to the Prime Go’s output, with the only thing in the way being a volume control & a switch.

3 Likes

Thisisian beat me to it.

I’m surprised you don’t about it, a lot of DJ had issues with their controllers when they wanted to use mic in streaming sessions.

There are 2 options:

1. Mic circuit is only going directly to the master out (just volume and on/off in between). So no option to rout it thru DSP for equalisation.

2. There is no more dsp processing power available without compromising the performance of other parts of the unit.

I would rather think about Nr1. Option as the only limitation in the way of making this happen.

1 Like