Prime GO 3.0.1 crossfader issue (bleeding full right channel when in leftmost position)

i just noticed my crossfader on prime go running 3.0.1 started behave strangely

it works OK all the way from right to left except full-left position when it suddenly bleeds 100% level of right channel into mix

i think there are contacts on both sides of fader to know it is full right/left position, but this almost looks like software bug and not HW issue ?

any ideas, same experience ?

I had an issue similar to what you describe, that gradually appeared, but prior to v3.01 coming out. In my case it was a hardware issue that was fixed under warranty - I’d had the unit for 10 months. your case may be different? but it does sound close to what I saw.

Wiggling the crossfader gently made the issue appear and dissapear, in my case.

@knuf @DJ_ZOG Hi guy, Have you tried looking at this thread:

It is for Prime 4 but it could also be a solution for your console.

the PRIME GO does not have the panel for direct access to the cross fader, the entire unit needs to be dismantled to get at it, which looks like a major PITA.

Yes I know. But maybe it’s not very complicated to make that change and open the console. It depends if you have skills with electronic components. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I had the same issue I sprayed it with an electronic spray called DEOXIT D5 and it fixed it immediately and I haven’t had any problems with it since.

1 Like