PRIME 4 with a on screen Samplers

I have a top of the line Macbook Pro and I expect for it to handle errors well. Sometimes it is out of our control when a bug arises or it just feels like doing what it wants. Of course we should prepare for the worst but again as I mentioned exceptions do happen.

When I had the MCX8000 the thing kept freezing I had to send it in twice. This had nothing to do with how we prepared sets, it was a major issue that should not have happened.

I think it’s ridiculous to think that Two players and a Mixer which was not cheap should not have some type of error handling, or any product that we spend money on. I would rather pay extra for the added security. What’s valuable to some may not be for others. Prime is supposed to just work.

A question to those who also use competing products: do Pioneer consoles (for example XDJ-XZ, XDJ-RX2, etc.) similar to Prime 4, do they reboot by themselves or freezing?

This is a sampler thread. You’ve slid Off topic again

1 Like

Hi, I’m thinking of getting the mpx16 to add samples and loops into my mixes. Is this a good sampler to buy, is the sound quality good, does it keep in time with the music your mixing when looping and is it easy to connect to the X1850?

Many thanks for any help and advice,

Steve :grinning::+1:

A lot of people seem to be coming to the forum via this thread for some reason. It’s worth mentioning that the Prime 4 now has a sampler as of Engine OS 3.0, which can be downloaded here: Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ.

So… yay! sampler

3 Likes