Prime 4 to be Replaced / EOL?

Well, if you absolutely need something now, I canā€™t argue with that. But, if there is an updated P2 and/or P4, you wonā€™t even get any teases of it untilā€™ we are closer to NAMM. Itā€™s usually around the end of January, but next year they decided to push it forward to April 13ā€“15, 2023. Thatā€™s a shame. Iā€™ve always looked forward to finding out what new DJ/Production gear was coming in the same month that Consumer Electronics Show was. Oh well!! Man, Covid screwed everything up!

1 Like

I highly doubt this fake news of the PRIME 4 already being discontinued. A recent shipment of PRIME 4s recently (NOV-DEC 2022) made itā€™s way into Ontario, Canada from Taiwan/Japan, or wherever they are made. I would know because I got the last in-store one in Ontario, and basically, they all got scooped up fast - due to high demand. If they were discontinued, they wouldnā€™t be shipping a pallet of new units.

Heā€™s probably confusing it with the SC LIVE 4, which is a new mid-tier product below the PRIME 4.

I believe there is a Prime 4 replacement and it will most likely be announced around feb/march 2023.

The unit is almost 4 years old so a replacement is due. Canā€™t wait to see what the new unit will be like.

My retailer said he was expecting more stock of them to arrive. We were discussing the price and how the Prime 2 never used to make sense when there was only Ā£300 difference.

Not sure what it means for the future but they are still producing them for now.

Last week, my retailer had it up on itā€™s website with ā€˜low stockā€™.

This week the Prime4 no longer exists

Size. Same as why there would be a good market for 2ch X1850 variant or a single layer small size media player variant of SC player, even if there is a only 30-40% price diff from full size gear.

3 Likes

Yep, thats the massive factor in my purchase decision, the Prime 2 is ideal for bar work and the size difference is a big factor.

That would be Thomann www.thomann.de, they have the P4 in stock at Euros 2499

As long as itā€™s still supported I wonā€™t make a switch to a P4+ just for the amazon prime functionality. I think Prime 4 users are safe for 2023

Its one good thing with the Prime series, they seem to be supporting them fully.

Here the new look of the Prime 4+ Big improvement with the back scheme

1 Like

Where did you found this image? Nothing special in the picture it looks normal to me.

Pads are not the same Colors too Jogs are black now New CUE Play Button Itā€™s just a refresh with the SC6000 colors scheme

It is on official denondj Youtube Channel

Now Iā€™ve seen it too. Thanks! I was blind :smiley: