Prime 4 to be Replaced / EOL?

Cross-posting this from Reddit!

According to a video posted last night by well-known Spanish DJ Vlogger Sergei Rez (NEW 🆕 Sustitutas de DDJ-400, DJM-900NXS2, nuevas all-in-one DENON... - YouTube, in Spanish), the Prime 4 has been or will be discontinued shortly, and replaced by a “Prime 4+” refresh.

Any clues on whether this will happen in 2022 or in 2023?

1 Like

We never seen here such info…

Not official but my retailer told me that the Prime 2 was gone, so I think the general concensus is its EOL.

By “here” do you mean this forum?

Yes, like no official statement was made that Prime 4 is EOL.

There is no announcement which leads to this.

The only fact is that Denon will launch SC Live 2 and 4, which will have Semi-Pro and beginners (Bedroom DJs) as the target group.

An official Denon local retailer replied to me this afternoon via email that the Prime 4 is EOL and that a new model will be announced shortly. I’m curious to see how this plays out!

1 Like

Prime 4 isn’t EOL.

Drop that screenshot

At this point, this is currently senseless to discuss. Wait until Denon gives an official statement. Then you know the facts.

4 Likes

It only makes sense that the P2 and P4 are EOL. They are dropping the L2 and L4 in October as mid-tier devices, and then in January (NAMM) they will announce the successors (top-tier) to the P2 and P4. Then Denon will have a standalone price tier for every demographic…just like Pioneer.

4 Likes

So many people on the internet are failing to understand this concept too.

1 Like

Exactly. Anything else is guesswork and rumour-mongering

1 Like

Mojax said today that prime 2 is discontinued, but prime 4 remains the main stand alone unit from Denon.

2 Likes

I don’t want to get some random employee fired, so I won’t be posting it publicly. If anyone (like myself) was just about to purchase a PRIME 4 unit and is rethinking the way forward because of this, I’ll be happy to share the screenshot privately.

Hopefully someone else from this forum can get a similar confirmation from a different Denon distributor in a different country.

As @st3vnkin9 mentioned below, if no-one else knows anything its just pure speculation at this point.

My P4 has been my workhorse for years for both weddings and corporate events. I primarily use it in standalone mode (Serato interface is less-than stellar) and it has more than paid for itself multiple times over the years. If/when a successor is announced (which I predict with come at NAMM) it will have to have substantial changes to pursuade me to upgrade (i.e. Larger touchschreen, SC-size jog wheels, improved Serato interface, built-in 5G).

If its true its a shame. Prime 2 is outstanding unit. I have mine for almost 2 years now, never had any problems with it and I’m absolutely satisfied with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prime 2 IS EOL

Prime 4 is NOT

For a few more months anyway. I’d be really surprised if a successor wasn’t announced at NAMM.

Same here. I am devastated that my Prime2 unit is now discontinued. I’ve played so many gigs with it and no issues at all. I don’t know if selling it and buying this SC Live 4 is a good idea or not, but I like the old layout more.