Prime 4 to be Replaced / EOL?

Why would You sell it? It works? Denon still supports SC5000 that was discontinued some time ago. All new features and updates are still coming to SC5000. They will certainly keep updating the Prime 2 as well.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I will sell mine only for update to media players plus mixer.

I think people are drastically confusing ā€˜end of lifeā€™ and ā€˜no longer supportedā€™ā€¦ just because the Prime 2 is no longer for sale doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll no longer receive firmware updates.

5 Likes

Like @NoiseRiser mentioned SC5000 is now almost 5 years old (January 2017) and still gets firmware updates like every other Engine software based devices.

2 Likes

There is also, a law (at least in the EU), that the discontinued product must have support and available service parts for at least 5 years after it is discontinued.

2 Likes

Also even if new firmware wonā€™t be available some time in the future its OK. Current version have no bugs and only feature that is missing right now is full support for Beatport/Beatsource with offline locker. At least for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thereā€™s no need to be - As others have said to you already.

The SC5000 has been discontinued as a production model for a year or two, but that model and its M counterpart still benefits from Engine OS and Engine DJ firmware updates - The Prime ecosystem has really helped made obsolescence a little more obsolete.

Youā€™ve potentially got years more leading-edge DJing ahead with the Prime 2.

Crossfader in they review Denon DJ SC LIVE 4 - Demo & Review - YouTube said that, they are being told that Prime 2 and Prime 4 and not to be discontinued.

So mojax was wrongā€¦

Its hard to say who is wrong and who is right. Until there is an official statement from In Music all of this is just a speculation based on rumors.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance. I think I was in some sort of a weird panic mode yesterday, seeing all the usual sites saying that this product is no longer available, etc. Denon also took away the Buy button for this. Youā€™re absolutely right. I love this unit with all my heart and will keep it.

1 Like

If anyone knows of any DJ shops in Europe that have the Denon DJ Prime 4 currently in stock that do shipping within the EU, please shout. I have personally contacted all DJ stores in Spain and none of them have any units in stock, regardless of whether it is being EOLed or not.

Looks to be loads in the UK, have you tried that big German retailer? cant remember the name exactly.

Thomane?

Thom

Tho

2 Likes

Thoman thats it Mufasaā€¦ well played.

Thomann (ā€¦and some extra nnnn for forum length)

1 Like

Djkit.com, great place to cop gear Iā€™ve been using them for years now.

1 Like

Thomann (double nn, since Mann = man) is great, especially since I am a German, lol :smiley: Great customer support, 3y of warranty, 30 day return policy. I also got my Mixstream from there. Sadly, one of its VU-meter LEDs failed for whatever reason, so I will have to send it back to them for repair, which is kinda silly just because of one LEDā€¦ meh.

The Prime 4 is/was listed for 2400ā‚¬ there (not visible/avaiable atm), which is just too expensive for me. Even more considering I can now get the Live 4, which isnā€™t that much ā€˜worseā€™ for almost half the price now. Sadly I missed it to buy the P4 when it was still around 1700ā‚¬.

Unfortunately DJkit.com only ships within the UK, so thatā€™s a no-goā€¦

As @Skaratak was mentioning Thomann.de is not even listing it at the moment, so I think we can fairly assume that there will be no new stock of Prime 4ā€™s in the next few weeks/months, it would seem that Denon used most of its production capacity for the SC Live 2/Live 4.

Seeing that there is no news at all and they are basically unavailable anywhere in the EU, with 2nd hand units being sold for 2300ā‚¬+ here in Spain, Iā€™ve decided to pull the trigger on an SC Live 4 unit while waiting for the future Prime 4 Refresh! :grin:

1 Like