Prime 2 crossfader not working as it was

I was running v2.0.2.

I have turned my crossfader on from the dropdown menu, set both thru buttons on the middle and updated to v2.1.1 but still no crossfader option shows and the crossfader doesn’t work like it should.

I have now tried updating incrementally with the thru buttons set as A/B and the x-fader open. Still the same problem with the music only coming from the left side.

Ill have a go on mine over the weekend, and see if its any better going from 2.0.0 up to the latest. ill make sure its active first. They really should be working to fix the issue.

One other mistake they made is assuming lots of people update Firmware on their devices, I think the percentage of people who actually update the firmware is very small as most people just buy them and use them on current version.

Did you have any luck with the updates and crossfader or still the same problem with music coming from the left only?

I haven’t done it man… im working from home from Wednesday and will set it all up and do it then… had a busy weekend so not had chance.

I had the same problem with the crossfader. I downgraded to 2.0.2 via laptop and enabled x-fader, then updated to 2.1.1 and it’s working again. I think the problem was when i updated i had the x-fader off from the menu. Hope it works for you to.

Yeah I think it’ll work for us too, but I’m both our case it seems to break the crossfader assign buttons so you can’t assign them properly, music always coming out of the left channel.

I’m updating again tomorrow so will test it.

I have tried different ways of downgrading/upgrading and as Stu said it messes up the crossfader by only playing music on the left.

1 Like

Update from me, I don’t know if they have added a different file to the firmware catalogue but ive turned my CF on and updated to the latest version and now everything is working as expected… all the assign buttons are working now so maybe give it one more try.

I updated straight from 2.0.0 to the latest too so don’t know if that makes a difference.

I have downgraded from 2.11 to 2.0 and then enabled x-fader and set the thru buttons as A and B on left and right with the crossfader in the middle and still doesn’t work.

Downgraded back to 2.0 again and installed the new 2.1.2 with the crossfader enabled and it still doesn’t work for me.

I have now tried installing every update via USB and computer but the same problem exists with no sound on the right with xfader enabled.

I did mine directly from the web using the Wi-Fi on the device, maybe that’s picking the update up from a different inventory?

I have tried Wi-Fi, USB and wired to laptop.

1 Like

Ah man I was hoping it would resolve it for you too. It’s really weird isn’t it

Salut je suis la personne que tu as mentionné qui avait le même problème.

Après lecture de ton post complet ,je suis passé de 2.0.2 à 2.1.2 aujourd’hui en activant le x fader avant mise à jour plus curseur sur a et sur b et miracle cela fonctionne. Mais si Denon avait réagit plutôt pour signaler que la fonction x fader n est pas présent pour le prime 2 cela aurait évité bien des questionnements. Donc grâce à ton post on obtenu une vrai réponse…Par contre pour moi j 'ai toujours lorsque je tourne le bouton volume du casque qui crashouille quand je le tourne .Et de même le bouton master qui crashouille quand je le tourne à vide sans fader .Mon matériel à moins d un an et du coup très très peu servit au vu de la liste des problèmes et de l envoi au sav qui n’a servi à rien car les problèmes rencontrés étaient toujours les mêmes. Je suis très très déçu de mon achat moi qui redonnait une chance à Denon je ne referai plus la même erreur ni chez pionner d ailleurs pour un tout en un.

For everyone who encounters issues with the crossfader on Prime 2 there is a support article that should help resolve the issue:

1 Like

Great found. This solution worked for me :slight_smile:

Finally got my crossfader working now. Took it back to TechnoSound today and they rewired the crossfader correctly. I have all the latest updates working good after 5 months of headache.

2 Likes

So just an issue with a wire in the crossfader then?

They wired up my crossfader causing the thru buttons to stop working and the left side of the crossfader played both sides of music.

Thank you. IT’s worked for me too

1 Like

my crossfder plays music either side and does not work as it should - Only just noticed this after all the years of having the unit. Just waiting on Denon to get back me along with my left deck stopping problem.