📊 Poll | What are your thoughts on jog wheel tension adjust?

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are well and enjoying the latest Engine DJ update and the new FX!

I’m interested to know your thoughts on tension adjustments for jog wheels (Denon DJ or competitors). If you have a moment, please answer the questions below and add any additional comments or feedback below. Thank you!

How often do you adjust the jog wheel resistance/tension during a session?

• Multiple times during a session
  • Set it once and leave it

0 voters

How much jog wheel resistance do you prefer for pitch bending and beat matching?

• Light
  • Medium
  • Heavy

0 voters

How much jog wheel resistance do you prefer for scratching?

• Light
  • Medium
  • Heavy

0 voters

If you are a SC6000 user, how do you find the Wheel Adjust feature?

• Works well for my needs
  • Needs improvement
  • I don’t use it

0 voters

In your opinion, what jog wheel size should have a Wheel Adjust feature?

• Not needed
  • 6" or larger
  • 8" or larger
  • All jog wheel sizes

0 voters

3 Likes

My Prime 2 wheels have loosened up a bit and i wish they had the ability to tighten, usually on CDJs/SCs ill put it on max tension for beat matching.

Cool Poll :+1::+1::+1:

I really think the SC Range jog tension need to be improved with better/wider adjustments

Like more more light for backspin And more incremental setting

2 Likes

I love the adjustment on my 6000’s (have them around 2 o’clock with minimum nudge sensitivity). Would like them tighter on my Go :blush:

1 Like

When I owned the SC5000 I find that even on the lowest setting the jogs were still super heavy.

When practicing scratching I could feel the burn in my arms. Sold them the minute the M version was released.

The SC6000’s tension adjust (while improved vs the 5000) still needs much work. I have two players and the jogs and adjust feel wildly different. I’m used to it, but it’s far from perfect. The lightest setting still is too heavy on one player. On the other player, it does not have any effect from the lowest to the middle setting.

2 Likes

Is the 6000’s tension adjustment mechanism different than the 5000’s?

I think it’s the same, I open both the SC6000 and the SC5000

It’s better on Pioneer CDJ in my opinion

1 Like

In some situations I make my jog wheels rotate harder to get more precision (less fly out turns), Scratching on medium/light and medium is usually fine for me. I find Jog wheels tension of SC Live 4 ok as medium light, they could be a bit more stiff for more precise bending, but for scratching they have good amount of resistance.

If that’s actually the case, then I’ll just say that the Prime jog tension mechanisms are outright defective currently and need a redesign. The 5000’s tension mechanism is not only inconsistent to the point of being essentially ineffective, but causes other issues with the operation. Users shouldn’t be engaging the tension adjustment at all, should put them at the minimum setting, and not touch them from that point on. I thought InMusic already knew that fact. I suppose if InMusic does indeed realize that, then they’re trying to now figure out whether to even have a tension mechanism at all on their future gear. I’m confused as to why the poll is specifically referencing the 6000 in some of its questions, though.

They are different. The SC6000 has several improvements over the SC5000 design. We are looking to improve further for future products.

8 Likes

Is the plastic dust byproduct from the rubbing of plastic on plastic with the tension adjustment up from minimum that gunks up the electrical contacts totally resolved on the 6000? Even if the 6000’s tension mechanism might be inconsistent and imperfect according to some users, is the serious stuff on the 5000’s tension mechanism at least no longer an issue on the 6000?

1 Like

I guess you guys will be looking at improving the bearings inside the jog, too? I really love everything about my 6000s, but the jogs need to get more consistent. I’ve had a total of five different SC6000s at home, none felt like the other. They all were pretty early models, though. Maybe a qc issue?

The resistance is too light on the Prime 4. Much preferred my S4 in that regard and that has smaller jogs.

1 Like

Would be cool to have jog tension adjust on future AiO iterations, at least the mid and upper tier ones. The RX3 and DDJ800 with their 6" jogs also feature this. That being said, I am happy with the weight and tension balance on my Live 4 - good allrounder jogs.

A bit offtopic, but improved jog displays (more resolution and information) wouldn’t hurt either. The recent competitor’s units demonstrate what is possible.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/extended-track-information-in-jog-wheel-display-sc6000-m-prime-2-prime-4/36818

I have to agree with @KrisONeil, the jogs on the Prime GO are super loose and it’s all to easy to over adjust when beat matching.

1 Like

do you mean the TORQUE ADJUST pot ?

I think that is just for the motorised ‘M’ model.

yes on the 6000m’s ,I was checking to see if thats what original post meant.