Pioneer DJM-S11 (probably!)

I’m not completely sure that some of the festival DJs need the Play button tbh

It had to. Ironically, this stuff was really (not) fresssshhhhh.

My ears would be more than happy if chirps and crabs were only STDs :crab: :microbe: lol

hmmm yes , now i know

First one needs a festival to bring the brick :brick:.

Pioneer will probably release an update that will allow the pads on the s11 to trigger the cdj pad functions.

Pad functions on the cdj2000 could be triggered remotely already.

SC6000M + S11

:ok_hand:t5:

8 Likes

I took a look at the block diagram and it looks like like it could work as a studio mixer.

So far I see that you can multi track to a daw from the mixer even after using dvs. If this works like I see on the block diagram the s11 might be the hardware equivalent of long gone Ableton serato bridge.

Fire :fire:!

I’ve tried in a local store with SDJ 2.4.1 and everything is so on point: the crossfader, the FX, the smooth echo !!! …Etc

Just waiting special rebates for the Black Friday, and it will be mine for sure ! Also waiting for dedicated decksaver :wink:

My only fear honestly is how durable are the faceplate and the paint on the fader caps…the S9 upsets me so much with these issues.

It’s a pity Denon couldn’t bring a battle mixer or just a 2ch version of the X1850 because of inMusic brands strategy…we never know but it will be too late, I need a good companion for my SC5000Ms (still no SC6000M here in France) and I’m fed up of the 72 heavy crossfader and annoying FX management.

2 Likes

Man! Long time! : ) Just checking. Are you still with this setup and how has it worked out for you? Thanks!

1 Like

Yes I still got the setup. My favorite mixer still. Have you any specific questions about it?

Hello @mufasa

your config an s11 and sc6000m you use it with serato? in stand-alone and what does it work or not in mode without a computer? do you have the waveform on the screen of the s11? or it only serves you for the rest touch fx effect … and how are the effects in stand-alone mode is the tempo good or do you adjust it constantly (or else ableton link) in fact tell me what are the disadvantages or advantages of this configuration because I like this s11 too but going to full serato and not being able to use the autonomous mode of the sc6000m seems to me to be a bit of a mess so going over to serato might as well use the 1210mk2 with phase, right? thank you

Yes

The hotcues and waveform on the S11 will not work in standalone

Yes and it’s very nice to use with standalone because the S11 is very good at calculating the bpm for FX use.

Very good

No disadvantage on my side and use case, just more options.

2 Likes

many thanks for your feedback :wink:

hey @mufasa i’ve found this threat about the S11. So I’m using this since last summer. I was confused that you wrote “Yes and it’s very nice to use with standalone because the S11 is very good at calculating the bpm for FX use.”

Cause a lot in the pio forum included me has a big problem with this auto bpm. it doesent work, so we all waiting for a new update since… november 2020 ;-). Is your S11 still very accurate by calculating the bpm?

and another (maybe an off) topic: what do you think about the switch on the SC6000M from Serato to USB/SSD or what ever, so the switch in the standalone use. I’m not happy with the solution uf Denon DJ. So when I spin in the clubs and have to change from Serato DJ Pro to an USB of a CDJ and back to Serato DJ Pro it works so fast. But with the SC6000/M it takes so long. And you can not just hit the USB button and use this to play a track from USB and after get back by link button direct to serato.

Is there a better and faster way in the SC6000/M or is it the only way to disconnect the computer mode, waiting, waiting, waiting… play a track from the player, tidal, beatsource, whatever and go back to the computer mode and waiting, waiting, waiting, chose the deck and get back to serato?

Switch one side/deck at a time

Eg

Serato on both decks

Toggle from usb to line (mixer) for one side

Cycle to standalone mode

Wait

Play track

Mix from serato to standalone

Yes same same and takes so long…