Pioneer DJM-S11 (probably!)

I simply meant that rane made a big thing of bettering the S9 with their rane 72 (or whatever model came out with the rane 12 motor) so in the short run, anything that pio did , as a mega overpriced battle mixer was just in response to that rane 72

Like the rane had magnetic faders on the up faders not only the cross fader

Thats a good thing no? The whole point of competition.

Same can be said of the S9 bettering the Rane 57SL/62/57MKII/61

Personally, i wouldn’t say the 72 bettered the S9, the 70 probably did.

It is the most unintuitive mixer i’ve used till date

In a short space of time Rane released two versions of the 72 (MK1 and MK2) - that meant they didn’t get it right the first time. . The very simple things to use are buried deep in layers of key presses.

The Mag Pro 3 wasn’t battled ready, hence they released Pro 4.

I would have gotten the 70 but a few tiny things got left out (not important to many, but important to me got left out), so i waited to see what the S will bring.

Of course these are my own opinion.

1 Like

The mixer seems to have some great new features. Unlike with the CDJ-3000, there’s some real innovation happening.

1 Like

Great board and most definately geared towards turntablists. The short up faders and crossfader make it primo for scratching. Great addition of the USB ports and touch screen with waveform display. I do prefer the larger knobs (ie. Browser, etc) is an improvement over the Rane 72, however, the Rain does have features that the S11 still lacks (ie. Second Mic). The Rane 72 is also $100 less here in the U.S. I guess it comes down to preference.

1 Like

Battle mixers used to have send and returns. These are nice mixers but are tailored for computer djs and just cost too much for someone going standalone.

Menu diving seems to be the new trend for new gear nowadays.

The whole mixer looks and feels cheap, especially for the price point. The Seventy Two MK2 runs circles around it.

1 Like

Did you have a chance to try it already?

Pioneer seem to have given up on innovative decks. Looks like they’ve given up on innovative mixers too now

Did you get one to try out already or just going by online images and videos?

1 Like

Have a close friend who takes part in making review videos, so I was lucky enough to get time in on both. The S11 feels like a step down from the S9. Rane fixed the issues that had me against the Seventy Two MK1.

Fair enough.

I’m not going to make the same mistake I made with the 72mk1. Traded in my 62 for it and ended up returning the 72.

How so? The S9 doesn’t even have independent performance pads, how can anything be a step down from that? :thinking:

The S9 feels like a mixer that can take a beating and keep on going. The S11 feels like it’ll last you at home for a couple years, but may not last in the wild. Only time will tell.

1 Like

SL1200 status for the OG S9 lol. Hence why i wont be trading it in.

Pretty much. :-p Plus, I have never come across a busted S9 in the wild. THeir faceplates will be worn out, plastic faded around the pots etcetera, but still feel like brand new. Pioneer set a standard with the S9.

I think pioneer did a more than a decent job with the s11. Pioneer supported the s9 for a very long period of time and I think support will continued for it.

They covered a lot of features with it. After looking more at it I’m thinking this would be excellent with my iPad.

It will be hard for anyone to knock it down. These things are too much for me as my sc5km can do most of it except fx.

1 Like

£1800 for a 2 channel mixer, a mixer destined for abuse. Given that who in there right mind would take theirs out on the road and share it with others? There comes a point where DJ gear is just to over priced for the situation it was designed. ■■■■■■ up DJ’s and even more ■■■■■■ crowds of people dont work well around gear costing £5000.

Belive me i want this mixer to work with 2 x SC6000m’s pads and all, but how can i take that rig to any of my local joints??? Get the same job done with a controller.

This mixer is geared toward scratch Deejays.

Ironically, the lowest likely earners are the ones for who the most overpriced mixers are made. They just need a concrete block with a concrete crossfader in it

Not exactly true. :-p Turntablism has come a long way since the 90’s.

1 Like

Same can be said for the high earning festival djs. All they need is a brick with a play button.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes