Pioneer coming out ahead with playlist creation straight from TAG List

Friends, recently Pioneer released a “Firmware” :face_with_hand_over_mouth: update for the CDJ 3000. One of the functions that arrived there, is also one that is much requested here. Now those who have the cdjs 3000 can create a playlist directly in the TAG List option. In Engine OS we have a option PREPARE!! It has topic and request with several votes for a long time for this function nk Engine OS! So simple but that makes creating playlist on the equipment much, much easier than the option we have today!

It’s hard to see that simple firmware getting something so simple that our operating system doesn’t have!

@djleh82 , :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I call this…a misleading ad!

Attention ! What Pioneer offers is already on all Denon standalone players and has been for years! Pioneer calls the preparation of Playlists “Tag List” and in Denon players… it’s Creates.

Pioneer is trying to deceive users or future users by indicating “Tag List”, because we might believe that we can tag “Name/Rename” our files or even add information in the Tags which is not at all the case. This function is already present in the Opus Quad.

2 Likes

Yes, this has been the second “I think pioneer are way ahead” type post in a week.

Or did you mean pioneers announcement of this new “feature”. Looking in the forum votes for a “my tags” feature suggestion, of only 27 votes, it’s not a major feature for the masses, but a niche few might like to have it for sure.

I am talking about the functionality that people believe that it is, that is to say tagger music (Tag List) !

For my part, if I am told that the product has the possibility of acting on Tags, it is because we can modify the information of the idtag of a file: m4a, Mp3.

It has nothing to do with creating playlists on the fly!

Pioneer should have named the feature “Edit List” and not “Tag List”!

1 Like

Man! You are totally wrong! TAG LISTFace! You are totally wrong! TAG LIST is something that even accompanies Pionner’s devices since if I’m not mistaken the cdj 2000! And yes, the TAG LIST works like the PREPARE in our denon! Have you ever used a cdj in your life? Why

Because, seriously, I thought what you just said was absurd!

You’ve come to comment on something that has nothing to do with the post!

When do you talk about niches? Are you talking about someone who buys an sc6000m, a completely autonomous device, independent of a computer, but the guy goes there and plugs in a USB and uses it as a controller on the SERATO?

Tell me, what’s so important about all these updates, the developers working for this “niche” that plugs an sc6000 into the PC to use as a controller?

It’s incredible how this forum has some unnecessary comments! If someone wants to use Engine DJ to create a playlist, of course using an easier method to create a playlist on the device itself is totally relevant, right?

What I wanted to mention was just one detail of a competitor’s firmware update that is simple but doesn’t reach our system!

I don’t want to know about other points or if we’ve had these points for years!

I simply see a group of DJs who are more active here on this forum having fun with other DJs as if they were the guys who know everything!

If something doesn’t work for you, that doesn’t detract from those who actually use the device system and ask for something that will really help!

Is the option to edit track information present? It is not! Irrelevant to you? But what about others?

I think it’s absurd to use an sc6000 or any prime to control serato? Yes? But am I going to make fun of anyone who asks for improvements in this function?

But what I see is many out there belittling the requests of others! My post is not about requests! So he’s not second at all!

I just wanted to know about the “older” people on the forum, those who are not part of “niches”. Am I creating a post to chat or discuss a topic in the wrong way? Because if so, help me out!

2 Likes

I used Pioneer from 1995 to 2015 and I tested different products recently like the Opus Quad, I am a former reseller of a sound brand! And when Pioneer announced Tag List, a large number of people believed that we could Tag a list of music (idtag).

Forgive my English and the translator who made me believe you were saying that the function was to edit track information!

Anyone who thinks this is the function, You didn’t read the information right!

I’ll try and add some reasoning here. The request is for creating playlists from the prepare list on device if I’m reading it right?

If so, it’s got an existing request on here to vote on.

Edit: these are the release notes.

• Cloud Analysis is now available to quickly display BPM and waveform by retrieving analysis data from the cloud when loading an unanalyzed track.
  • The rating of a loaded track can now be changed. Use the Edit Rating button in the detailed information of the track.
  • Information Jump is now available, which enables you to navigate to tracks with the same BPM, key, or other category from the detailed information of a loaded track.
  • Link Info is now available so you can use one CDJ-3000 to check the detailed information of the track loaded on each player in the PRO DJ LINK network. Touch the track name on the waveform screen to see the detailed information.
2 Likes

Seems like a cool feature for people who don’t organise playlists prior to loading up the player, not sure it’s a massive game changer however.

Changing the rating is far more useful.

4 Likes

But I make my playlists on Engine Dj, everything organized brother!

But I load my entire library on the player’s internal SSD. This function makes it easier, you know what? When you’re there playing a sound on the equipment, without pretension, and you come across a cool mix, 2 songs that fit together well and you then think “it would be cool to separate these two tracks here”.

And so you continue, and separate the cool tracks for a possible playlist to play later. The equipment was designed for this, wasn’t it? However, doing this today, with the solution you have, is not at all intuitive.

I understand that you can come and tell me: "But I don’t do that, I prefer to separa

te the tracks on my PC and create the playlists on Engine Dj!" OK. It doesn’t seem relevant, but for those who do what I do, this counts a lot! Even in the history, it is not at all intuitive for you to transform the history of the last set played into a playlist!
Using the Prepare folder would be the invention of the wheel for many!

I’m sure they’ll be adding the ability to do it at some point.

1 Like

Now I think they will! It’s sad to have to see competitors do it and only then appear, when it should be the other way around! For some, as I already mentioned, it doesn’t seem like something that urgent, but for those who are already there, playing with the songs on the equipment, with the tracks at their fingertips, it greatly shortens the process if you start a playlist on the device’s screen and then finish on PC! :pray:

1 Like

It’s a single feature… Pioneer owners can look at Denon gear and be sad ten times over that there are features on prime players they don’t have. It’s all relative.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s all down to buying the product that’s GOT the pretty features that you want or “need” rather than buying a firmware updatable machine and hoping that after a few years of badgering the manufacturer, the missing feature might get added (or might not)

1 Like

Heckle & Jeckel ■■■■■ and co. Three no-life who make this forum unbearable. A lot of members have left for facebook pages, just because of them. You’re not the first nor the last to complain.

2 Likes

Yeah and we all wish you’d join them, bye :wave:

1 Like

Hi, DjStuff shows how the Tag List works in the Opus Quad, it’s nothing more and nothing less than Prepare with Prime readers! The Quad and now the CDJ3000 have the advantage of being able to select several tracks at once and not just one by sliding to the left with the Denon. I think it will be possible to improve this function by including the possibility of multi-selection.

But it’s the same as creating a playlist (Create) with the player.

Tag List - Video to watch from 9 minutes and 03 seconds"

1 Like

On the Primes you can select more than one track or not?! Using the pencil icon.

2 Likes