Pioneer coming out ahead with playlist creation straight from TAG List

Yes the base !

With the “Prepare” function (by swiping to the left) this will allow you to play the music later in the evening! And if it’s to select several songs, we’ll create a playlist by pressing the pencil icon!

1 Like

I started using Denon gear this year, was surprised that one couldn’t prepare a playlist from the prepare folder. That was intuitively what I thought should be possible. I totally agree with you, that’s nothing niche and preparation/creation/modification of playlists on the fly should be facilitated.

1 Like

Will have to try that seems that this was updated then.

1 Like

4 years ago !!!

1 Like

Will check it! I thought I can only drag it to existing playlist name but not create a new playlist name/folder from the prepare list. Still learning the ins and puts of this standalone controller.

1 Like

This works great! Okay, but for small playlists!

Have you ever used this feature? Did you get into a tech house playlist, with around 150 tracks, press your pencil and scroll through the list? Well, if you do this, you will choose the tracks, ok, but you also know that while the pencil is active, you don’t do anything other than choose the tracks!

If at some point, after going through this long list and having chosen 10 tracks to put on a new playlist, you come across a track that you don’t remember what it is like, you will want to listen to it for a while but you won’t be able to do so.

while in the pencil function! And if you inattentionally press the pencil to return to the normal list (Puff!), everything you selected is gone and you will have to start from scratch!

Ok, but you’ll tell me “I could have already moved the selected ones to the new playlist!” - and I’ll tell you, okay! But is this intuitive? Easy?

Because, you will have to exit the track selection, to return to the list, it will not continue where you left off, you will have to scroll through the list until you remember the track you want to hear, and that has been a long time coming! Until you realize that you did all this lap to not enjoy the track and skip it and start the selections over again! Seriously, it was exhausting even for me to write this!

Now come and think a little with me! You’ve entered the same 150-track tech house playlists, in normal playlist mode! You scroll through the playlist listening to previews of the tracks and the ones you liked simply drag to the left! ITUITIVE isn’t it?

After dragging all the ones you found interesting, just go to the PREPARE folder, and there with the tracks you have already selected easily, press the button and pencil, select the ones you want and move to a new playlist, or better yet, a simple “Create Playlist” button in the folder header, so after creating the playlists it would make more sense for you to press the pencil and configure the track sequence!!

For me, this means being functional when you want to separate songs to create new playlists on the equipment! Even more so when we are talking about software embedded in equipment that accepts external drives with many gigas! Where many like me will upload their entire music library!

1 Like

Your first mistake was going into a tech house playlist :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@djleh82 The error is to give as an example 150 tracks! “Or the equivalent of 7:50 am of music, if we base ourselves at 3 minutes per music”.

An evening is preparing in advance!

The “Tag List” function is a queue that can be appointed as a playlist to spend titles later in the evening!

If customers come to ask for so much music (150 songs …), sorry to say that, but it’s that you hurt your job.

In the premium readers, we have a queue called Prepare, “Icon disc tray”, which we can complete throughout the evening and draw in it at all times.

hahahahaha well selected, the tech house is still saved!! But it was a very simple example that attracted attention! hahahahaha

My god from heaven!!! MAN, seriously do I have to draw it for you to understand? Serious??

“MY MISTAKE”?? Look how small your thoughts are! And who said this is supposed to be used in the middle of a party man?? What you said is correct, in the middle of the party PREPARE is supposed to be used to separate tracks for you to play later! Who doesn’t know that?? POW!! Seriously, I get tired of the lack of interpretation of some people here on this forum! Either my English is poor, or there are people who think really small! Re-read what I wrote to understand my point of view correctly! Why can’t I be writing in GREEK!

1 Like

When I say that I’m going through a list of 150 or more songs, I’m giving an example that many here forget! The sc6000, which is the equipment I have, has the possibility of having 1 internal SSD, just like the Prime 4 and 4+, even so the other Prime equipment can use external HDs or SSDs, and because of this, carry an entire library and extensive as is the case with mine!

Almost every day I turn on the equipment in my studio to “play”, and while I run playlists of “Techno, Tech House, Indie Dance, Melodic” among others, look at how many playlists and I always come across cool tracks at my fingertips ! Many times I want to select them for a new playlist, preparing a new set right there on the equipment, since I’m right there in front of them! (difficult to understand this man?)

The fastest, easiest and most intuitive way I see to create a NEW PLAYLIST while I’m on the device is using the PREPARE function and not the function already on the device, for the reasons I mentioned above!! MY GOD!! It’s impossible not to understand something like that!!

I simply see a group of DJs who are more active here on this forum having fun with other DJs as if they were the guys who know everything!

1 Like