Offline Streaming

Ok I just subscribed to Beatsource so i can use the offline feature that will allow you to have 1000 songs offline. My question is how to i do that on the prime 4? i dont see a option to download and tracks

I don’t believe the offline locker feature is available yet.

Has been requested as feature request some where in this form so you may want to vote for it.

I use beatsource too.

1 Like

So you can’t be disconnect even if you pay for the beatsource integration? Why implement a partial feature in engine prime if you can’t use it fully.

I know mate, not ideal. So right now I’m only able to use beatsource when connected to Wi-Fi, can’t store any tracks offline.

Hopefully this will be implemented soon especially as we a pay a pretty hefty premium for the beatsource subscription, it’s not cheap.

1 Like

Still no Offline Locker support in sight. Buyer beware…no DenonDj products support Offline Locker…when it was announced it was comming soon in 2020! Corporate types are masters at baiting ppl to buy things and don’t deliver!

Please also beware that none of the Denon DJ products can make coffee, do your laundry or act as a lawnmower. Just to get the expectations straight, if refusing to bother checking the features they actually have :+1:t3:

3 Likes

No need to be an ass about it. Please show me where DenonDj promised what you just said.

1 Like

Nowhere, just as I can’t find anywhere where they promised the offline locker.

It’s listed under ‘key features’ in the initial announcement that streaming was coming to the Prime series in summer 2019.

“both Beatport LINK and Beatsource LINK will have offline storage”

https://www.denondj.com/denon-dj-announces-worlds-first-streaming-capability-in-standalone-dj-hardware

I found it here too: Both Denon DJ and Beatport are committed to continuing the evolution of this groundbreaking new DJ technology and will incorporate LINK’s patented Offline Locker, allowing LINK PRO and PRO+ users to store between 50 and 100 tracks offline and perform on their Engine OS enabled products without an Internet connection for the first time in history. Beatport’s Offline Locker will be released in the coming months along with a Beatsource integration, specializing in open-format DJing, for subscribers of Beatsource LINK, LINK PRO, and PRO+.

Just getting impatient like everyone else who wants the Offline Locker ability.

Have you contacted beatport to get their stance on it too?

I have not. My understanding is that it’s ultimately up to DenonDJ to make the dev changes to the software to incorporate the Offline Locker ability in the EngineDJ. But it looks like the legal stuff has already been worked out. I did see a work around using another Dj software that supports Offline Locker then using Lexicon to convert the database over to EngineDJ along with the Offline Locker, syncing the database to a USB then putting that stick into a Prime unit, but not have tried that myself. We all know that it’s hard to get a reliable WiFi connection in most Clubs, and some venues. Sorry for being a pain in the ass about this, but just wanted to raise this issue up again since it’s been so dormant in the forums here.

My view on it, look around at other streaming services and what is happening. Amazon require a security chip hard installing into a device in order to let it work, Spotify have backed out altogether from the market and Beatport haven’t gone ahead with this offline locker feature.

My guess is the ball is firmly in the court of Beatport, and possibly beyond them the record companies, who might be playing hardball with this tech.

Offline Locker is already implemented in Recordbox, VDJ, and Serato. I’ve confirmed it from the instructional videos and documentation from Beatport’s site. I just need to be patient and also try the work around that was posted on these forums by another user who uses the same workflow to get the offline locker ported over to the Prime units. I love the Prime 4 and won’t part ways with it…it’s that good, especially with Engine 3.0, still untouchable IMHO.

They aren’t DJ hardware though are they, that’s software running on a computer, two vastly different environments.

100% correct. I see what your saying now. Nobody has it from the hardware side as of yet. Now I get it.

I do remember one of the Beatport/source staff mentioning during a live stream discussion that they were working with Denon on it…and this was months ago.

Again im only guessing here, but I reckon the concept of downloading music to a separate device has certain people nervous about it being abused.

Im only going by the atrocious behaviour of record companies towards, for example, people trying to stream sets on Youtube or Facebook. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were in the background making all kinds of noise about stuff like this.

Yea, that sounds just about right. I’m sure they are working that bit out. Much like the ability to record on the Prime units is restricted to local music and not streaming from Tidal etc. I just gotta be patient.

1 Like

Yeah see again thats another prime candidate for record companies to poke their nose in. I guess the sticking point there is trying to stop someone just recording tracks individually and saving them to their own collection, not sure how you would stop that.