⚠ Notice: macOS Ventura Compatibility

Well with external drives for the units and USB sticks/SD cards you use what? Right, FAT32 or ExFAT and both are not working, turning the software into a useless media player since you can’t properly sync playlists etc. on the drives that you work with. How that critical issue that affects the core functionality on the popular OS is not hotfixed, is still beyond me.

1 Like

we are waiting for you too to buy a pioneer product and come and write it here! so we give you a round of applause!!!

Applause for your intelligent comments

If that continues, this might happen for the next unit. I am not biased against a company, I look at the product and price and what happens with the product over time (including software updates). And for a piece of gear to not work with the latest OS update for 2 months is bad, really BAD. The good hardware that Denon has is dragged down by the poor software. And InMusic is not a small company, they can afford to hire developers to keep the software up2date.

It is very simple, as a customer we demand proper functioning software and hardware that we paid for. Specially with a top tier unit, this is not a cheap 200$USD Numark toy we are talking about here. And if the company fails to deliver, customers go to the competition. Works everywhere and all the time unless there is a monopoly. For now Denon still has chances on the market, but not for very long if they continue like that.

Not only did they screw the people on release of the apple silicon M1 chips, they continue to do it now.

1 Like

How did anybody got screwed on M1 chips? I have a M1 max macbook and it works perfectly with Denon products.

1 Like

Have you not seen all the issues on release? Support for the M1 chips was nowhere near ready, including the mentioned Engine DJ. Who ever got a mac with the M1 chip on release was pretty much screwed and could not use it for DJing. And the issues with Apple OS compatibility continue.

But that is a standard thing. How long are You in professional stage industry? With apple when it is a update time - all professional companies alarm to NOT update until compatibility is confirmed. Some make it sooner, some not. But since apple started to make drastic changes in the core of their system, nothing is 100% safe. The changes are coming without notice. No one is allowed to work on the system before apple releases it. Major stage industry companies hold older systems and even way older computers just to keep reliability on the software. Some studios even still use computers with certain vst’s running only on windows XP because there is no update. So stop complaining, Your update will come. Sooner or later, but You can be happy, that the update is announced to come and it will be for free. Some programs (like photoshop, Resolume or Heavy M) are payed to use in a certain time, then some stop working or need to have subscription renewed to have an update to work with newer operating systems. The overall conversation that I see here is just childish. Zero understanding on how this is done and how the industry works. Just like a bunch of small kids beating the feet against the ground and yelling - I want an update now, or I go to my mom! You will get Your update, just temper the attitude and all will be good. This whole long conversation is not needed.

4 Likes

Just to put things into perspective, when did the Pioneer update Rekordbox to work with OS Ventura?

I do understand it, but I do not agree. First: Apple is releasing the OS updates as preview builds to developers all around the world months in advance so everything can be tested and fixed prior to the release. Second: I work in an industry with a crapload of early release software (livestreaming, so we have to deal with realtime transmissions and latest hardware and latest software/games all the time). It is a myth that you can’t support the latest releases. And even with platforms that do not give us early access, we find the issue from user reports and our developers fix it instantly. Because we can’t allow our users to sit there with critical bugs for months. And yes we do have an OSX client (plugin) and we do QA and debug it for all major OS updates, despite having a way smaller company than InMusic or god beware Pioneer. It is a matter of priority and resource allocation (QA& developer time) and that’s it.

December 1st: (Updated) macOS Ventura 13 compatibility | rekordbox - CLOUD-CONNECTED PROFESSIONAL DJ PLATFORM

While this also took 1,5 months, the software was running fine on Ventura without any critical bugs. We are talking about the critical issues here, not about a badge “yeah works fine, move on” somewhere on the website.

You can, it just takes time and resources. Sometimes it is not cost effective if other, major projects are in the way. You will not want to pull resources from it for a free software, when a paid one (the one that makes the pay checks) will suffer from it. Anyway, the software is not broken. It works. Just not on the newest OSX, but that was this announcement about - to wait and not cry later.

Well what about happy customers and being proactive with bugfixing? They knew about the bug around August/September or even earlier. And this is a function for their biggest selling devices that happen to have a drive built in that you can’t use anymore from inside the software.

Regardless of how long it takes - this is unprofessional to not support the latest OS update. This is not even a huge OS change like going from XP to Win7 in the past, this is just a regular OS update that happens every few months with minor changes. With the release of the M1 chips and a new architecture it was understandable that it took time - that was a major upgrade. Here it is just a normal update and Denon did not bother.

They are lucky to not work in a volatile software market where customers run away within days after having massive technical issues. So they can afford to have people hang around. But even free software like the OBS Studio we all love and use for recording videos or streaming - has been patched and cleared for new MacOS releases much much faster. And it is being developed by like 2 people and is way more complex than Engine DJ.

Check with the others. Many companies still don’t fully support Ventura and are asking to hold back. Don’t look only on one side, check how the whole industry reacts. By the way Engine DJ and Engine OS are way more complex than OBS…

Engine OS for the devices - yes. Engine DJ - not really, it is not a fully fledged DJ software, but a playlist/database manager that can interact with cues etc. but nothing crazy. And those are de-coupled from each other, the update is only needed for the MacOS version of the desktop software. And OBS Studio is way more complex with support for different encoders, built in Chromium and much much more. But the developers do care about updates, even tho MacOS is a much much smaller userbase compared to Windows. Here Denon did not care, despite having way more MacOS users than other popular software or games that are mostly Win based.

I did check with others. Serato works without any issues and the public beta been out for ages, the final release happened few days ago. Rekordbox - too, posted above. Denon did not release it, despite having a much simpler software. Other software like Ableton Live is also running smooth without any issues. You do not need a full support, it is normal that some minor issues can happen when a new OS version comes out, but when you find a critical bug - do not sit there and tell people to wait for 2 months. Now Xmas is around the corner, so we will probably not see an update this year anymore.

Serato Dj Pro - Jamie W 11:18 PM - 7 November, 2022

Hi everyone,

Serato DJ Pro 3.0 Beta 3 is now available for download.

Serato DJ Pro 3.0.0.668

New Features

• macOS Ventura support

The public version of Serato Dj Pro 3 is from the beginning of December, officially including OSX Ventura compatibility, with a large number of hardware products.

Rekordbox

INFO - 1 décembre 2022

(Updated) macOS Ventura 13 compatibility

With the latest update of macOS Ventura, our compatibility check of software and hardware products has been completed.

For Engine Dj… It’s only December 11! So be patient !

Edit for @Thomas_Wald :

You are contradictory!

If you are a business, the Prime 4 should not have cost you much!

You say it should have been released 2 months ago except that Serato Dj Pro or even Rekordbox and even Native Instrument indicated not to rush to perform the update entering Beta and non-public software, which was therefore necessary be careful about the behavior of compatibility and as I indicated above the public versions are released at the beginning of December!

If you know Serato Dj and other software, you will remember the hassle when El Capitan arrived.

The coreaudio had changed causing major compatibility issues, it had been almost a year before it worked as I said, but that was not all.

The Serato devs had managed to do a compatibility update when El Capitan was in v2, everyone was happy, although like you…they denigrated the work and the inactivity and the reactivity to release an update. day to day. Until Apple discovered an error of why changing the coreaudio was so problematic, so they made a fix in v3 of El Capitan, making all the software and software developers’ work go to the trash again, they had to start from ZERO because of Apple! So thanks who???

1 Like

come on denon hurry up what people are crying here ! denon are ordering you to upgrade it’s law!! you have to do it immediately otherwise two or three will go to pioneer !!! hahahaha!! if it were up to me I would apply a rule in the forum, if you don’t prove that you have a Denon product you cannot write and be part of the forum!!! so you went to pioneer , you can not comment anymore !!!

2 Likes

You call FAT32 formated external drives not being recognized “without any critical bugs”?

Interesting…

This was for Serato, Rekordbox, Ableton Live and other tools, NOT for Engine DJ. What do you think I push for an update here? Denon is way behind, not even offering a public beta 2 months after a critical bug has been not only discovered (that happened way earlier internnaly) but went live for all users who updated the OS.

Denon does not publish betas. I think they did a public beta only once, couple of years ago.

2 Likes

I just want to add, as a Serato user and forum member, their latest version sounds like an utter mess so i guess its not all greener grass over there as some would like to think… i wouldnt install it on my computer even if you were paying me to, given the issues being reported.

1 Like