NEW Engine DJ 2.2 Discussion

My Prime Go and Prime 4 have had many updates since I bought them (the Prime 4 was launch day). They have constantly improved over time and although it’s not a rapid pace, it’s constant and it’s free. Other brands hardly update their gear so I’m thankful to the devs who strive to make these devices better. There is some things I’d like to see and hope the team at Denon DJ push the very limits of what can be done with their internals.

I’m looking forward to what’s upcoming next. I use SoundSwitch and even have the Hue setup in my garden (full Hue garden lighting). Dropbox is handy and so many refinements here and there really tidied up the workflow.

I like it! :+1:t2:

7 Likes

We need better effects. Nuff said

Se my big question is why some oeople bought denon gear in the first place. (Ducks behind sofa in readiness for the beer cans coming my way). You bought denon for what it could do out of the box. Not what it will be in say two years. How many people take their car back to the dealer and complain that its not as good as their neighbours new tesla???.. and they want this added and that changed. Whist yes i might often swear about denon they do update as @MrWilks says fairly regular and they do try to accomodate everyone. They may not be the fastest coders on the planet but they do sort their issues out… unlike pioneer who just ban you from the forums for pointing out failures in music do quite often come back with an answer. Yes ok it may be a we are working on it copy paste answer. But i can tell you from experience that they DO take the criticism on the chin and reply to you. Often behind closed doors but a reply is a reply. An update is better than you had yesterday. Which is better than what you bought in the first place.

9 Likes

The SC5000 manual, for instance, said they had NTFS read-only support like old Denons and the Geminis, combined with the fact I said years ago that InMusic should do a smart digital DJ media player, so I jumped all in with Prime in a hurry, and then NTFS was taken away. Their jog worked better in some ways and worse in others than some other brands, but that seemed something that could be improved. The playback and link problems were so bad originally, though, that I was going to get a refund, but then the InMusic employees started to interact with the forum and it seemed like there was promise things might improve over time, which it has somewhat. I had the 5500s, amongst many other players from many brands, so when the Ms came out I was sort of in for a penny, in for a pound and got those, too.

1 Like

I love the hardware too, but still to get my itunes playlists on the sd card and not been able just to update this playlists is not nice, should only take a few minutes to just add the new tunes. and it’s no stand alone, hate to need the laptop to get music on the sd card Anyway I learn to live with the crappy software and maybe they will the next few years make a better software too

I’m curious on how you would like to get music onto an sd card without a computer?

Mmmmmmm can i have a question on sport instead??

The 5500’s ability to generate a database was very useful for DJs jumping on them for the first time. If the Prime players could at least generate a database (Generate Database Yes/No) upon connecting a drive, and then an option after that to batch analyze on the players or not, would be beneficial towards true standalone ability. I would maybe do the former but definitely not the latter. I may let it generate a database, then I’d switch the player into read-only mode if we ever got that.

1 Like

An additional cup holder would be nice…

And i cant change the channel on the onboard telly on my prime 4 :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Denon have said they are bringing us a “world class FX experience” not sure if that will be for current prime gear or future.

who knows how many features you still want! every time they add something you ask for another one !! who knows how to be a DJ can do it even without any new function! in my opinion those that are already enough! I also make people dance every weekend !! here I see only big claims that once with turntables you could not ask !! over and out

Denon has stated several times no need to ask for better effects for the Prime 4 as they will be adding them… IDN… Seems like a lot of talk as this was over a year ago and still no better effects. . If Denon wants to stay competitive with Pioneer there going to need to bring out better effects… And Yes, that survey we all took, so far, has gone nowhere.

Was 41 days ago - lol

Well there you go at least three years to go as yet :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl:

Many of the Prime devs are from AIR in Germany, right? They used to be all the stock Pro Tools audio FX, so I don’t see why tweaked FX aren’t a possibility for the future. If anyone could do it, they could.

1 Like

If they offered “50 new fx free in 3 years” or “50 new fx in a month for $300” which would the majority of people opt for?

The three year option works for me personally i dont use them. Throwback from the overkill days of the late 80s early 90s where EVERY track had to be fx’d in some way

1 Like

Probably Pioneer… lol

Oh , so the $3000 option for some $300 fx ha

Agreed.

Shocked Cup holders is not higher on the priority list. You know how many times I miss bringing in a song because I have no place to put my beer !!

Other than that…I can definitely take a reliable Engine file preparation software. Dare I say, as stable as and fast as ANOTHER unamed (Re…) software. However, Denon Engine allows nesting, etc. Database is horrendous for large collections though.

1 Like