NEW Engine DJ 2.2 Discussion

Anyone run 2.2 on the 5 or 6000s? Stable? Thx!

Running smoothly on all my 3 SC5000’s

2 Likes

So good to hear! Thank you!

1 Like

Stable on my SC6000s as well :boom:

1 Like

They implemented one of our three dozen feature requests that have been sitting on this forum for over five years. They literally chose the dumbest possible feature to implement, instead of making Engine DJ glitch-free or fixing a handful of proven glitches on the prime series. We still can’t even relocate missing tracks, or sync our Engine DJ crates with our external harddrives. What is this garbage?

There is a serious gap between what is needed and whatever they’re doing. There is no plan on their end; nothing makes sense with the way they are adding and updating things.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

As someone that DJed for a bit in Scunthorpe a few years back, I can vouch for that.

1 Like

@djbertie the world and powers to be move in mysterious ways…

by now we know the names of those who complain by heart! they are always the same :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Sadly a nice feature was removed with adding active loop. When looping u can half or double the loop with the loop wheel. But i find that hard to do consistently. And before the 2.2 update it was possible to use the parameter buttons to half and double the loop (< = HALF, > = DOUBLE). But with the new update the < Parameter Button is used to set active loops. Is there anyway to disable that feature and get me loop controls back?

You can use the parameter buttons to increase or decrease the length of the loop in Auto Loop Mode. Pressing Loop pad while in Manual Loop Mode will enter Auto Loop Mode (the secundairy pad loop mode).

1 Like

Yes i know, but thats not ideal either as you can not go lower then 1/4. But i just found out when being in auto loop mode, the paramater buttons work like before to double or half the loop. So there is a workaround but its not as straightforward like just pressing the parameter buttons without needing to worry about in which pad mode i am.

You mean the Loop encoder knob? That still works.

Parameter buttons indeed don’t, when in manual loop mode.

Yes. Parameter buttons worked before but due to the use of the parameter button to set active loops they removed it. I used to half or double any loop (manual, auto, saved) with just the parameter buttons in any pad mode. Now it only works when using auto loop pad mode. It works but it is not ideal cause i need to make sure i am in auto loop pad mode.

I didn’t even know that was possible. You learn something new everyday

1 Like

Two days testing the 2.2 update so far without errors both in the transfer of playlists from Engine and in performance of the Prime 4, the active loops work perfectly, it is somewhat functional, however I think there are things that should already be present in the Prime ecosystem, pad effects, have the ability to rename, delete playlists, tracks, etc… Directly in Prime 4, some time ago it should be possible to configure the effects and that this configuration remains despite selecting different effects, in my opinion that should be the function of shift + parameter, Engine should have a function similar to edit mode of Rekordbox, I think these would be really useful new features and that would put Engine in a competent place compared to other software on the market.

4 Likes

not like the old Denon gear! cfade and relay play were superior 2006-2017 - been asking for this functionality since the beginning of Engine Prime!!!

I also find it funny that Denon DJ made Engine compatible with competitors products, but not their legacy products. I’m finally done transerring (via Lexicon from Tidal/Spotify) and manually creating (from old Denon DJ playlists). So happy to be up to date! NOW…my request is to allow bigger databases and speed up the devices when searching for something specific (sometimes takes a good 5-10 seconds to do that).

1 Like

Hi guys, I want to ask this question/idea here before I create a new topic.

The crossfader in engine dj only lowers the volume? If this is true, it would be nice if there is a kind of low pass filter (or filter overall) in compare to the fader position supplied to it. (after crossing the half mark)

Iam using it quite a lot to find some cool mashups with new tunes. But in some cases the bass of the background tune messes everything up.

What you guys think about that?

A crossfader is only supposed to affect the volume. That’s “industry standard”. Things like EQ and effects shouldn’t be required in database librarian software. It’s not meant for performance.

1 Like

Why an crossfader, sync and keylock in a librarian software in the first place? I assume for preparation.

I dont talk about effects and having a filter knob… But lowering the bass or applying a kind of a filter to the background track automaticly would give me a better preview of this current mashup.

Now I have to go really to the hardware and try it out to just check if it sounds ok…

1 Like