New controller for second layer?

Whatever it is, it’s the worst product marketing/teasing thing I’ve ever seen! How an official promo video for Beatport integration in Denon prime series can show an unreleased product after months of teasing !? What does Denon expect with this kind of communication ??? Excitement? No it’s boring and frustrating as hell !!! I could even imagine people will be disappointed finally :unamused:

I agree on mishandling the introduction after the LBL teaser for sure. Another video before the Beatport event would have done the trick but let’s be real here too, it was kind of obvious what this was and what it was intended to do. Not very exciting gear for sure; just a cool add-on if you’re already a SC owner AND actually use the second layer/3-4 decks so at the end of the day, is it really that big of a deal? I think not.

Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Also in this video (about 1 hour and 30 minutes) in addition to showing the new LC6000 it is also possible to see that the new SC6000 firmware will be able to show 2 simultaneous tracks as has been requested by many guys (which is what happens on the display of the Prime 4).

Guerrilla marketing or indeed anything that isn’t circa 1940’s traditional “here’s what we sell - come along to us and buy one” isn’t for everybody’s taste.

However it’s extremely effective.

If denon just put up a gif of the front, back, sides of the LD6000 and then some sickly sweet clichè jpeg of someone smiling a touching the product (usually with no cables plugged in) we’d all see if, think “ok” and move on.

What Denon DJ have actually done is far better than that and what happened? This forum and various others have been talking, typing, tweeting, whatever-ing about “… what’s that just behind him in the dark corner?” … “what’s under the blanket?” …”the lump doesn’t look long enough to be a…” and “hey what’s that mounted beneath the regular SC6000 in this video”…

Not only did great talk and speculation about the mystery product itself get spread far and wide, but to show mates what they were talking about, people everywhere shared those original videos to all their mates and circles too. People who might not have considered watching a Laidback Luke video about using the features of the SC6000, suddenly had that video under their fingers and in front of their eyes because of a mystery object doing the rounds.

It’s really clever and very modern advertising, in a modern world where the old “front back sides smiley user” practically black&white leaflet just gets scrolled past or “X”’d

2 Likes

I have to agree here - I don’t think I could be less excited about this at all. It seems completely pointless to me, to be honest. I’d much rather be waxing lyrical about the new sampler that Denon have released, but I don’t think thats never going to happen, sadly.

I do have to disagree with the thought that this is somehow a clever way of advertising things - I don’t think its clever at all - I want my products released professionally, not having an obscure clip where it can just be seen in the background - just seems a bit cheap doing it like that.

Before everyone gets excited about it - wait for the price. I’m hedging my bets around the £799 mark.

We need denon dj competitions here :crazy_face:

The controller is a necessary add on for sure. I’m pretty sure this unit wasn’t built just to serve as controller for just for a 6000/5000(?). If so that would be a waste.

I think it will serve as a dj software controller (like SC2000 was) and as a Layer sub controller for SC5000/6000

EDIT - it would be cool if it comes with it’s own audio dual layer interface :slight_smile: - just my thought…

EDIT2 - if it sends the same midi data as SC5000 via usb, than my midi mapping for traktor should work with it just right out of the box :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. Here’s a screenshot of the back of the SC6000 (from yesterday’s set):

It shows both layers going out of the SC6000. So probably no audio out on the LC6000.

This is obvious when using second layer control. What about putting it only with a dj mixer and a laptop? Think a out it…

The other thing kinda obvious is that the controller is hooked up via ethernet to the mixer. Although I see a USB port used

I think that it would be very logical to have audio outs and ethernet and usb on the controllers. This would allow to connect the link between controllers (like Allen’s X-link) and use one USB cable to laptop. Or like in SC players - USB hub - all usb’s together, and then one cable to the laptop…

The mixer will output the audio.

Having a sound card in the sub controller will make it more expensive.

It may have RCA out for sending timecode signal for DVS set up like the Rane 12 Mk2

And maybe utility menu to upload specific timecode tones

1 Like

I believe it is powered/transmit data via USB 3.0 of the players. Would be the most logical way, avoiding a external power source

• and may be the reason no M versions is available, as USB5V amperage may not be enough to turn the motor
3 Likes

I think Denon went the bare minimum on this one too.

Plus, it would allow it to work as a controller (on a future prime performance software), or as a Prime 4 extension, without the need of a Lan Hub.

Yup as a HID/Hybrid unit for anyone to use.

Id say its more of a Rane Twelve but less costly.

Useable with VDJ, Serato, Traktor, Engine DJ and Engine OS.

• I see a gap for a 2 + 1 channel mixer around the 400/500 euro price point!

• and a single layer media player in the same price point.

Package deal 1300 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

2+1 mixer would be cool.

Denon is also due for a new mc controller.

Also it would be a sin not to release a motorized version of this controller. :laughing:

There is twelve and One from Rane… So could be a cross here…?

Then the m owners are left out unless a rane 12 can be plugged in.

Good question…