MX5001TB hard drive corrupted after little use

Is there a common cause for the hard drive to corrupt and require reformatting? I just got mine, have about 30 tracks in it and just tried to copy a group of 10 analysed tracks in the laptop via engine prime from my USB stick to my hard drive. It looked like they transferred over and then i switched it to standalone mode, but when i checked the playlist it was empty.

Upon attempting again it now says the hard drive is corrupted and needs to be reformatted.

When i go back to standalone all the tracks are still there from all the other playlists.

Would could be the cause of this?

I’ve tried restarting Engine Prime on the laptop but the issue doesn’t change it’s saying I need to reformat the hard drive.

Did you unmount/eject the MX5001TB on the computer before switching to standalone?

1 Like

maybe not, how do you do that? Do you just close down Engine Prime software or is there another way to eject it?

Do you think this is what’s caused it to corrupt?

There are numerous reports of corruption happening if the drive was not ejected prior to switching to standalone. It is just one of those peculiarities to be very mindful off.

You can eject in Engine Prime before closing Engine Prime

or

Safely remove hardware in Windows - Microsoft Support.

The installed Sata drive workflow is not my cup of tea. I prefer USB SSD/Drive to use with the Prime hardware

No it doesn’t. The message states that the database is corrupt. It then recommends reformatting the drive, which isn’t actually necessary, because the problem is with the database, not the drive.

Denon really should change this message because so many people either misread it or misinterpret it.

It’s been mentioned here many times, after many posts like yours.

Maybe they also need to add a automated eject check box in the Sync Manager.

Eg Start Sync, Safely eject drive after Sync (YES) or (NO)

So do I need to reformat the hard drive to fix the problem?

have a look

Also if you can upload your logs

No,

I move the old database in the engine directory (by security) and copy the clean database.

I make always an copy of the “clean” database. It’s more simple.