Database Corrupt Error Message

HI @philgaitan - can you try this with a fresh formatted USB that just has a a few 100 songs on it.

Could you also please take a picture of the error message - thanks

Hi @philgaitan,

Sorry to hear this! What if you power the unit on without any media device connected, do you still see the message?

I had this same issue. Formatting in FAT32 (MS-DOS FAT in OSX) fixed the issue.

Large drives (up to 1TB can be formatted to FAT32 in Linux using GParted.

i dont have linux

1 Like

Which OS are you running?

Windows 10 the one Engine Prime calls out

Most of the large format format utilities (such as Tokiwa) build super unstable partitions in windows. Your better to use a USB portable version of linux such as Parrot OS or MInt. Plug in thumb drive, boot from thumb drive, format drive as FAT32 using GParted, restart and use drive with Engine.

Try Rufus - I’ve never had any corruption problems with it.

I did use Rufus

Did you see my question above?

1 Like

Rufus can still have issues on partition tables for drives over 128GB. While I’ve never had issues using Rufus on Intel 545S and Crucial MX series SSD’s, I have seen issues using it for other brands (such as Kingston).

Thanks, I use 2x Kingston 128GB USB 3.0 drives so that would explain why I’ve never encountered this issue. I will keep this in mind if/when I upgrade my storage :slight_smile:

[Moving to general area as this is not a bug but a configuration issue]

Hi Jay

I have bought the Prime 4 Unit & installed a 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD drive in it All good … Then connected Mac laptop and formatted the drive to exfat as recommended etc… did the software update etc transferred the playlists over from laptop to SSD in the Prime simple enough…

So question here now is once you turn on Prime 4 and you start playing music from SSD in Prime 4 then you finish up and wanna eject SSD but you can’t as there is no way of doing this?? How do you Eject or Dismount the Internal Drive installed the Prime 4 after every Gig???

Hi,
For repair corrupt database, follow this procedure :

PFD File with each screen : Corrupt database.pdf (507.4 KB)

1. Copy All files from the « Engine Library » on your computer

2. Download https://sqlitebrowser.org/

3. Install The software

4. Open Database corrupt (Often : M.DB and P.DB)

5. Select Tool / Integrity Check

6. Select OK

7. Error appears : It’s necessary to make a new database

8. Export Database to SQL File

9. Select All and Save

10. Save the SQL File

11. Database Exported

12. Close Database

13. Import in new database

14. Select previous SQL File

15. Create a folder and export the file with the same name

16. Database Imported

17. Save Database

18. Copy the new correct database on your Device

19. Enjoy :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thank you I have fixed! Top! :grin: :fist: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Windows 10, Prime 4, Engine Prime (all updated), SSD internal.

Hi there, Can somebody please tell me, in this sollution, in line 01 is asked to copy All files on my computer. Does it want me to copy al files FROM the internal ssd TO (on) my computer. Or… does it want me to copy the files ON my computer, in the directory Engine Library. (to paste them later on, in the program sqlitebrowser?)

Hi, Did these troubleshooting steps. But seems I cannot import the SQL file back into the new database. When selecting the files, the procedure runs shortly (1 sec) and says import succesfully. The size of the new db file is about 8MB and i need to import 9.7GB.

Any tips?

Thansk a lot Jack.

Hi,

When you make “integrity test”, all tables is in error ?