More Waveform Zoom Out is Needed - Prime 4+ (Match Pioneer)

Personally, I don’t need any more waveform out zoom. Due to the beat markers, things become already very messy once you zoom out on devices like the Live 4 - I doubt the Prime 4 fares much better. I have nothing against this request either, so I stay neutral to that.

I would rather prefer to return to the library view instantly once turning the push encoder without having to press the back button every time. In vertical waveform mode, you have the mini-library in the center, but most people prefer horizontal waveforms, where the push encoders becomes inactive/useless.

As already posted on multiple occasions, shifting the playhead marker more towards the left would be very helpful, as @MrWilks and @STU-C stated. Probably also (rather) easy to implement:

1 Like

I think that’s the issue, although, if it is then at least the dev team should maybe take a couple of screen shots on Prime 4 , SC6000 a Live and a Go and publish the screen shots on the relegate thread on the forum - just so they can say “look how little detail you can actually make out inbetween grid lines and cue point/loop markers - that’s why we’re not going to implement this.

There are so many possible solutions if you think in possibilities rather than obstacles. For instance, gradually fading out every other marker when zooming out further until they disappear, then repeat the same.

Again, it can be done on the small Pioneer screens as well, and the request is not closed with a ‘can’t be done’ remark. Also, again, it is already possible to zoom out further (but imo not nearly enough) on the SC5000 with the smaller 7" screen.

First post here, I was all set on buying the Prime 4+ (after deciding not to get the Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 during the BF sale) and only just today I learnt the waveforms hardly zoom out. As a 10 years+ Traktor user, the ability to zoom out at least 32 bars is something I use in all my sets, to align drops among other things. This is a deal breaker for me and I won’t be buying the Prime 4+ anymore, not until this is implemented. That said, the Prime 4+ really looks like a great piece of kit and judging by Denon’s development track record I am confident this feature will be implemented soon.

1 Like

“First post here”

Sat right below

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen Scoox — their last post was 2 years ago”

Seems you’ve been buying a Prime 4 for about 2.5yrs now, and finding plenty of fairly trivial reasons not to. At this point I think you’re better off just looking elsewhere if you keep adding these reasons not to get one.

1 Like

I think you’ve given perfect advice there.

1 Like

When is this thread going to be locked? I realise you are that smart-ass on every community that spends their days policing the forum searching for anything to pick on to make themselves feel important. Good for you. And for every such person there is the obligatory following of s*ck-ups, such as:

Good for you too! You guys would fit in perfectly over at the VirtualDJ forum, there are people just like you there.

Truth is, I had forgotten I was already a member of this community and I didn’t have any entries in my password database. I recall posting about the Prime 4 but it could have been on Reddit, so I had assumed I was, indeed, not a member yet. I started typing that reply in Notepad (a habit I’ve gotten into after accidentally hitting F5 in the middle of a long write-up many times). While signing up the system complained my email had already been used, so I clicked “forgot my password” and was able to log in. Unfortunately I copy-pasted the text as-is, and I should have removed the “First post here” bit which is of course an inaccuracy.

But none of that matters. It is condescending of you to claim that my reasons for not buying a Prime 4 back then, and a Prime 4+ now, are trivial. They are not trivial, but your opinion, ******, is. They are clearly not trivial, since I didn’t buy the Prime 4 and have continued using Traktor. I will revisit my earlier posts and see if some of those features have been implemented. For me it boils down to this: I want something that has the features I like from Traktor, plus the ability to play without a laptop. I can live with the laptop, but I need the features, which at the moment this product does not have, which is why I’m here showing support for the OP’s feature request.

3 Likes

You’re mistaken, I’m offering you genuine advice… if after 2.5yrs you’re still skirting around finding reasons not to buy a product, it’s time to look elsewhere, ie a rival brand.

You’re clearly desperately in need of this ultra crucial feature that so far has no sign of being implemented (possibly due to the nature of how these devices now render waveforms live whilst the track is playing). You’re also not able to make use of the excellent and clear overview waveform that includes all track markers and a good indication of break downs/drops etc so as I said above, buy an alternative, I hear the Opus Quad is a fantastic option, as is the XDJ-RX3.

As for the childish re-jig of my user name, that says more about you than it ever will me :+1:t3:

1 Like

Putting this on slow mode, as I know for a fact that ya’ll have better things to do than be at each other’s throats on an internet forum.

If the tone of this thread does not improve. I’m going to lock it.

4 Likes