MIXO: The DJ Library

It claims to “Import and export everything, on every platform”. Oh and there’s a Linux version.

1 Like

Did you try it ?

It also exports currency from your bank account on a monthly basis too doesn’t it?

5 Likes

The desktop version (as far as I can tell no better than Engine except smart playlists) is free. If you would like to export to your phone app then it will cost 7.99 a month plus your own cloud storage.

7 day free trial on the export so i’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

I used to get this advertised to me constantly on Instagram about two or three years ago.

I checked it out but I (mostly) don’t do subscriptions so it was a pass from me.

3 Likes

Yup they’re bleeding me dry. No more for me.

2 Likes

Has anyone got a good workflow going with Mixo? I am struggling with a bulging library and the occasional corrupt DB… Maybe it’s time to Pony up for something…? :eyes:

Would Lexicon work for you or is that a stretch too far? It’s by far the best but the monthly sub can make or break some users.

1 Like

Ooh - TBH I had forgotten about that!

2 Likes

Lexicon will be my go to as well.

I’ve been playing with Mixo - on paper it seems ideal for what would be my perfect workflow (public transport commute, use the time on my mobile to grid and tag songs). In practice it doesn’t quite work for me at the moment for a few reasons:

• You can’t import/export grids and cues between Engine and Mixo. Might be possible using a third party format (Rekordbox/Serato/etc) but that’s adding complexity and time.
  • Star ratings can’t be written to Engine DJ. As I understand it, this is a limitation on the Engine side because stars are kept in the DB rather that being read from tags.
  • You can set up clickable tags on the desktop software, but not on mobile (have to type them in manually to comments like a man from the past)

Overall I love the idea, but the lack of functionality doesn’t justify spending the money for me. Give me OneTagger on mobile with Dropbox integration and I’d be a happy man!