MacOs Ventura

When to expect compatibility with ventura?

1 Like

We need the Ventura Update quickly please- sync to USB Sticks is not possible now- how to use my new SC4 live with Ventura if I can’t transfer Tracks to the medium??

1 Like

When the release is announced. I don’t have any further information

see the link I posted above, the application can do exactly that (and only that, lol)

1 Like

Tried the tool for sync- runs fine. For the moment it‘s Ok. Hope we get the update soon

Thanks for the tip :+1:t3:

1 Like

It worked for me. Great work-around. Thank you.

Thanks for making the work around tool! I’m getting an error message and the transfer won’t complete.

open/Users/…(file path).mp3: no such file or directory

Any suggestions or fixes?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1 Like

I resolved this error by editing the code so that it skips the missing files instead of erroring out and then I recompiled the app. You can open an issue at the author’s Github page and I’ll try to submit a Pull Request the coming days, if he doesn’t have time for it.

2 Likes

I was able to work through the “no such file or directory” error by deleting all the missing tracks (red files) from my Collection. It took many, many tries. But as I kept trying to run the program, the error would tell me where the missing file was, then I would go and remove the problem (missing / red) files, I eventually removed all the missing files and the program was able to run successfully, without any errors.

Thanks again for making this tool! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s causing this error that I’m getting — I might look at the Go code in more depth myself.

2 Likes

Getting the same error - haven’t been able to fix yet.

1 Like

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.0.1 - Apple Support (IL). Could it be that an update version from the last day13.0.1 solved the bug?

No, I have just updated to 13.0.1 and the problem is still the same with USB drives. Hurry up Engine Tech people and sort this out its getting frustrating now!

1 Like

What’s funny is that since I can basically just copy and paste my Engine DJ library files directly to the USB and—so long as I also copy the music files with preserved folder structure—it works for the most part, I feel like if they just disabled the format “safety checks” it would be a quick solve. i.e., just let the user sync to any drive/USB without checking the formatting of that drive/device

1 Like

Its a bug, sorry :disappointed:

I might get to it tomorrow or over the weekend.

You can try the previous release (1.0.1) if it’s urgent and you don’t need working SoundSwitch sync.

2 Likes

Ah yes, nonexistant files cause a nonexistant file error :slight_smile:

Maybe I could add a checkbox that causes the application to ignore any FileNotFound error or something like that…

That worked, thank you! I appreciate your help

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Engine DJ v2.4.0 is now available and brings official support for Apple Silicon chipsets and macOS Ventura. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.