Live Stream

the difference is around 50 euros, so better the first one, what about me?

now I would like to know if it is worth having more output or not, because I have a p4 mixer and from there I go to my pc, with OBS software and then go in live streaming, so the second card would abdicate well, the one with 2 inputs 2 outputs quite right? oppre better to have the 4 outputs? what could this last choice be for? if someone helps me, I can immediately buy the card now, and work already tomorrow with the speed of amazon ā€¦ Thanks again for who help again

For info - if anyone has tried hooking up their iPhone Directly to the Prime4 by way of a TRS to TRRS cable (like the Rode SC4).

In order to get this to work I had to unplug one of the RCA master out connectors are the back of the P4 (right or left - doesnā€™t matter) in order for the sound to be picked up by the phone.

Took me ages to figure out. At first the phone didnā€™t even register that id plugged in the cable - when I hit record on the phone it was still picking up the ambient noise fr the phones internal mic - and not the direct feed. At first I though the Rode SC4 was faulty.

Then I tried plugging in the SC4 first (on its own with a lightening adapter) and THEN the RCA cable from the mixer. At that point the phone realised there was an external device plugged in. However it was not picking up any sound.

Only then did I mess with the RCA cable at the master out and unplugged one of the connectors. Then it worked.

Appreciate the sound recorded via the SC4 adapter is mono but itā€™s a quick and convenient way to steam stuff in decent quality.

And make sure the master is set at no more than 2 or the sound will also clip/cut out.

(I ran my own monitor speakers through booth out so could have my volume set at whatever I wanted).

Hope that helps someone.

I think Iā€™ll go for the Roland Go mixer when they are back in stock - looks like that will have much better stereo output.

In my -very- humble opinion, the Yamaha AG03 (webcasting) USB mixer is the answer to most streaming/recording questions. Itā€™s versatile on your desk for the purpose of streaming & recording, hooking up a high-quality (phantom power on-board) mic, should you need one, function as your desktop sound card and go with you on a gig.

Itā€™s USB-powered (so not yet another power supply unit - you have to connect it to your PC anyway) and features excellent Yamaha digital pre-amps as well as 192KHz/24-bit sound quality. It comes with an AI download version of Cubase for recording. And at a price of just under 150 euro I think itā€™s a really good deal.

As for the RCA/XLR discussion, it has balanced outputs, so your connection to your speakers (even at a gig with long distances) is fine. It has Jack inputs for stereo channel 2/3, but they are not balanced. That said, it doesnā€™t matter, hooking up your controller with RCA as long as you stay below about 6 feet of cable should work just fine.

Hit me up on PM if you want the pdf document I made to explain a little more how this setup can benefit us DJā€™s.

My 3 cents as usual.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.