Laidback Luke talks about his decision to end cooperation with Denon DJ

BTW he called us “warriors” :laughing:

Hope devs continue to reward us with more cutting edge goodness.

BTW a new mixer is way overdue.

3 Likes

I do think it’s important to remain objective with feedback to the decision makers. :innocent:

I feel he said as much as he could without burning bridges.

who knows he may fall in love again after Engine OS gets a BBL.

Denon warriors need to chill out though…i have never seen such fierce loyalty…i suppose its a good thing ha.

2 Likes

I enjoyed Luke’s videos, for me there was no smoke and mirrors, he embraced what he was using, and for me it was when he was using Denon gear, and as we can see from this video he has decided to move to the next level of tech integration, it’s refreshing to see he has some integrity to answer questions both positive and negative from some of his ‘own’ followers, something which has probably been driving people over the edge.

3 Likes

I 100% agree on the prepping on your phone. I want this so, so much within my Engine ecosystem. I could do so much more work when it’s convenient this way. I hope this is something being entertained.

1 Like

Agreed! The X1800/X1850 have always felt like an afterthought. Integration with other inMusic mixers would be cool too. E.g. imagine if the Rane 72 screen could be used with SC6000M, or if Rane FlexFX could read Engine BPM’s.

1 Like

I had this one and it survived swimming pool parties.

1 Like

They would need to rework engine to share stuff via USB

The 72 does not have Ethernet.

Who knows say one connects a USB to Ethernet adapter to it if it’s capable of data exchange via that

Man like Reese true OG

1 Like

1994:

We had build it into the mixer section of our booth. Both SL-1210 where added on either side.

5 Likes

that’s right, I recently created a feature request for support for mixers via usb for SC6k/5k, this is one of the reasons why such a feature could be useful

Do you remember a time and place in a galaxy far far away where people were capable of making up their own minds whilst investing some time in research without resorting to ‘industry standard’ pressure.

When i was looking to upgrade from my Traktor S4 Mk3 i did loads of good old fashioned research on the SC5000s and x1800.

The seller invited me up to Dublin to demo the product before i made my mind up, no hard sell, but i had already taken the time and put in effort to watch as much and read as much about the product before i parted with the cash. Hell i even printed off the manual for both products and studied it :crazy_face:

I only have one HUGE regret, my wife eventually convinced me to sell my S4 which i probably will purchase again :thinking:

4 Likes

I see no lies here. He was paid to perform with Denon gear. His contract is over and he has switched to another manufacturer with another contract.

Where money is/was involved there is no objectivity.

As I mentioned before, paying superstar DJs is a waste of (marketing) money helping in the long run nobody but the marketing exec. line up with pocket with some yearly bonus on the account of short term increased sales.

Breaking Pioneer monopoly using the same marketing tactics as Pioneer lolz

It wasn’t that part of the comment I had an issue with :wink:

I know, and those same people found their own music and style of music to mix with… thinking for themselves instead of just copying.

I see a few contradictory notes in that video but I personally believe it’s his language interpretation and the choice of terminology used.

I feel that when he said he received no money but got paid I think his term “paid” is one he used for reward, ie: be an ambassador for the opportunity to help lend development time and his expertise. He gets to lend valuable info and he gets free gear and his label promoted (there were some MixMash tie-ups).

I also think he’s been long enough in the game to know about the CDJ-500 so assuming he means the first “real” CDJ, which is regarded as the 1000. The 500s were the baby steps to a full CDJ that can be regarded as vinyl emulation. The 500s were legendary but chalk & cheese compared to the 1000s. I kind think that’s his angle (although not properly conveyed).

Just my take on his video.

4 Likes

Today was a busy day! Crossfader using click bait saying that CDJs now have STEMS! I confess, I looked at the title and thought: “My God, these guys came out ahead!” But just click on the video and see the nonsense :rofl: :joy: :rofl:!

An expensive controller, with just one jog wheel controlling the SERATO, with keys mapped to the STEMS! Something that any midi equipment does :joy: :joy: :joy: My God!!

Then LaidBack Luke responding to raters and fanboys in a video! What a day!

3 Likes

I totally stopped watching crossfader videos as they are going very fast down. Some time ago they started to use click bite techniques, misleading titles and general info… They even show sometimes how small research the do on the topic, they present. They no longer show any quality content…

3 Likes

I watched Phil’s stream where the 3000 was used to demonstrate it too… funny that the £500 LC-6000 was sat next to it which actually does a far better job at controlling Serato than any Pioneer deck, and allows you to keep all the other pad modes active.

1 Like

The legendary SP1. Decade later still getting updates. Hell of a device!

3 Likes