Issues with my BRAND NEW X1850 Mixer not reading BPM's! Help!

• Left player Layer A is on Channel 1, Layer B is on Channel 2 - LAN connected to Link 1
  • Right player Layer A is on Channel 4, Layer B is on Channel 3 - LAN connected to Link 4
  1. Left Player Layer A Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 1
  2. Left Player Layer B Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 2
  3. Right Player Layer A Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 4
  4. Right Player Layer B Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 3
1 Like

This seems to be correct

And yes, I am going by the active layer with the channel fader up in the FX assignment.

Try restarting the left player 1-2 times and if that is not working restart the mixer as well. I know it’s annoying :expressionless:

I will try any and everything necessary to get it working, so thanks. And yes, I have tried every combination of powering off/on and restarting already.

I have the same issue with a brand new X1850 with firmware from the box: 1.3.

I already requested help from support by email. I haven’t received an answer yet.

I reported the missing firmware update too:

Gents, there should new installers soon, but I have no ETA yet.

2 Likes

Good news! Thanks @Reese

The DJ Lab talked about it today as well and had a good found with the IP addresses. That could be the issue?! YouTube

1 Like

Ok, sounds good. I hope we hear something soon. Thanks for the input everyone!

I just watched Steves video on YouTube and I don’t have this problem.

Sorry to hear you guys do.

I use ports 2&3 in a 3-1-2-4 (B-A : A-B) mixer configuration (digital)

Engine connect always works under auto mode and BPM follows without a hitch plus cue buttons light as to my selected deck colours.

I switch on all units same time.

What X1850 firmware do you have?

Firmware Version 1.5

I have 1.3 from the store, seems most users with the issue have 1.3.

I wonder why Denon removed the 1.5 version download link?

Someone has the 1.5 firmware file?

Maybe a 1.6 is in the making :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:… Shouldn’t remove 1.5 tho. Site Error.

1 Like

Read above please.

Im on 1.5 and have still sometimes the issues.

Lets hope for a quick release of 1.6 :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I was able to use Steve’s method and it worked, it is just a very involved process just to use my DJ setup. I will see if I am able to get it to work again after I power down and restart.

I am actually thinking about changing my mixer configuration the way you have it @Ravinstomper . I don’t seem to have the problem as much on channels 2, 3, and 4. Only once in a blue moon. But channel 1 the problem is consistent. I pray 1.6 is dropping soon. I have 1.3.

1 Like

I’m waiting on my sc6000’s and x1850 to be delivered. Is this still an issue?

No. Resolved now - it was over a year

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.