Issues with my BRAND NEW X1850 Mixer not reading BPM's! Help!

I am extremely frustrated with this mixer. I have not even had it a week and cannot get it to work.

It is the same problem I am seeing others experience: BPMs are not being read from my two (2) SC5000M’s into the mixer.

Here is an overview of what is occurring: -Sometimes the BPM is read, other times it is not. -I changed the order of how I power on everything and it is not making a difference. -I switched the players to different inputs, doesn’t matter. -I switched out the LAN cables, doesn’t matter -I am using digital coaxial as my inputs. -When I press the “Engine Connect” button, sometimes it doesn’t even recognize that both players are connected.

Also, one of my SC5000M’s is behaving strangely and it is affecting my entire setup. I have both players plugged into a power strip. When I am ready to power down, I manually turn both players off, then turn off the power strip. When I next turn on the power strip, one of the players starts automatically though I did not press the power button “on” yet.

Help! I have put in a support request, but want to see if I am missing something.

1 Like

In order for correct and fast bpm read by the mixer you should use engine connect. The players should be connected to the lan ports in the mixer in the same order as their channels - deck 1 layer A on channel 1 = Lan port 1. If deck 1 will have layer A on channel 2 - then use Lan port 2.

After correct connection, You should enable Engine Connect - press the button on the mixer above the display with Engine icon.

Now, when You select the channel for the fx, the mixer should read the bpm info from the player.

Yes I’ve done all that. I have everything set up the way you mentioned even tried setting it up different ways. And I then press the engine connect button. It is not working.

1 Like

It seems to be a firmware bug that started with EOS 2.0 and the firmware 1.5 for the mixer.

Im having same issues here, sometimes it works and sometimes not. I have to powercycle the units and it works back again or do that procedure couple times. Or just give up and stop using EL :upside_down_face:

It’s a strange behavior, it reads sometimes no bpms or very slowly.

We have to wait as it’s only a firmware and no hardware bug. Besides that I relay like the mixer. It’s a wonderful peace of kit for an unbeatable price.

Did You guys tried with the latest 2.1.2 software for the decks?

Yes. Issues are still there.

Yeah I love the mixer but I need those effects to work with the BPM, the primary reason why I got the mixer was to be able to quantize effects on the bpm.

I have the latest Engine OS for the players, 2.1.2, and I have 1.3 on the mixer. Was there a 1.5 for the mixer? I didn’t see anything on the website, there actually is nothing beyond 1.2. It says the most recent firmware is not available.

1 Like

I think 1.5 was for x1800 and 1.3 was for 1850… Or 1.8 and 1.5…? There was also an issue with the latest firmware download on the denon web site. Seen it reported here on the forum somewhere…

1 Like

X1800 firmware 1.6 and X1850 firmware 1.5.

The latter was pulled, but I don’t know why tbh.

@Anthony_DDJ ?

1 Like

There is a communication issue between the players and the mixer.

Thankfully the intern switch is working so that the music gets shared between the players.

For example I turn first the mixer on and then both sc6k. Result: left Player is not assigned by the mixer. The right player is assigned correctly.

I restarted the left player, result: channel get assigned. But is not picking up the bpm of the player.

I reboot the mixer and the bpm gets picked up by the mixer.

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion. What you described is exactly what I am experiencing. The only thing is when I follow your steps it does not correct it for me. :frowning_face:

It’s not working always for me too.

If you press the Engine button on the mixer. And the engine connect screen appears on the players, how does it look like?

As well one player that is not assigned?

Noiseriser already stated it, but could you tell us on what channels layers A are and which ethernet you use per deck?

I also wrote up this BPM FX post in the past:

Not really the same but to give an idea.

Yep, it looks exactly the same as what you have in the photo. Only shows the right player connected.

• Left player Layer A is on Channel 1, Layer B is on Channel 2 - LAN connected to Link 1
  • Right player Layer A is on Channel 4, Layer B is on Channel 3 - LAN connected to Link 4
  1. Left Player Layer A Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 1
  2. Left Player Layer B Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 2
  3. Right Player Layer A Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 4
  4. Right Player Layer B Coaxial Connected to Digital In No. 3
1 Like

This seems to be correct

And yes, I am going by the active layer with the channel fader up in the FX assignment.

Try restarting the left player 1-2 times and if that is not working restart the mixer as well. I know it’s annoying :expressionless:

I will try any and everything necessary to get it working, so thanks. And yes, I have tried every combination of powering off/on and restarting already.