Internal battery not enough?

It is more that I am interested in how much more extra runtime you get from a 18v 4a and from a 18v 5a.

Amazon tells me the 5a has 25% more capacity then the 4a And the 5a dropped in price. So I will go for the 18v 5a battery of Bosch.

To summ it up. I bought on Amazon nl

• The battery adapter for Makita/Bosch serie
  • DC Power Pigtail-cable 18AWG 12V 5A Male/Female pack
  • Bosch GBA 18V 5a
  • Bosch charger GAL 1880 CV

Total costs arount 128 euro.

The adapter fitted the battery perfect. But. the 2 metal sleaves did not connect to the battery. So no power to the wire.

I opened up the battery adapter and also removed the 2 screws that connects the 2 sleeves. I saw a small plastic edge running from the front to the back. and the 2 plastic rings that the screw goes into. With a sharp nife, I scraped that off. About 2 mm, untill it was leveling with the plate. Then I screwed the sleeves back on, getting them tighter on the plate. And screwed the plate back in the adapter. That gave 2 mm extra that the 2 metal sleeves stuck out. And that made the connection, when putting on the adapter to this Bosch battery.

So eventually, I got the power to the Prime. And everything works. Happy!

The adapter is for Bosch/Makita. I wonder if it would fit better on a Makita battery.

I also looked in the store at the Bosch pba 18v 4 ampere, but in my opinion the adapter does not fit that one at all. So glad I did not buy that one.

If I could give some advice tot someone who want to build this. First buy the battery adapter that matches the battery you have in mind. If it is usable for multiple batteries, test that out in a shop on a battery you want. And use a voltage meter to check if it connects properly. That can save time in sending battery and charger back, if the fit is not okay.

Thank you for this topic! Helped me alot!

Link to adapter Bosch/Makita, is a bit different then Milwaukee https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B08F35TDN1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Love this idea, I’m guessing this will work with Makita and others to. Thanks for sharing

Why spend 130 euro when you can just change the internal 18650 batteries? It costed me around 25 euro to bring him to 10+ hours, just change that battery pack with Panasonic cells 3400 mah, and done. Unfortunately cannot attch pictures because i sold already my Prime Go few months ago for other technical issues that Denon didn’t fix even now after 2+ years like is the VU-Meters channel option :joy:

1 Like

Loved the use of a battery adapter, I did the same with my Makita battery and used it today at a small outdoor venue, did 3 hours and still had power in my 3Amp Makita battery and 100% in the Prime Go. Thanks for sharing the post! Bought the parts on Aliexpress for about $8.

1 Like

This adapter does a good job for me connecting an usb-c powerbank. The pb needs some power, though (mine is 65 W power delivery at 20V) and a usb-c cable that is ok to deliver this amount of power.

1 Like

I can highly recommend the XTPower 15600/20000 series. Those are powerbanks with integrated DC ‘barrel socket/plug’ output and adjustable voltage (9/12/16.5/19/24V). The big advantage here next to the required cables / adapters being already included, is the sufficient Ampere headroom to drive almost any DJ or producing hardware.

Mere cable adapters like the one shown above, especially the USB-A Ripcord ones, should be used with caution, as the conversion losses are quite high. For example, the Ripcord 12V and 19V models can only push 12W maximum, while the XTPower manages 50W constant / 65W peak.

By the way: SC Live / Mixstream with integrated speakers + powerbank = ultimate portability :v:

3 Likes

how long can u play with a SC Live?

That’s easy to calculate. You only need the average wattage of your device and the capacity of your powerbank, since both (need to) run on the same voltage. Current is all ‘watt’ matters (scnr).

My XTPower 15600 has 57Whr. Subtract a safety margin, and you have about 45-50Whr for operating your gear. The SC Live 4 draws 12-16W (–> 3hrs+), the Mixstream 6-10W (–> 5hrs+). Great results for livestreaming and outdoor sets. The speakers don’t seem to make a noticeable difference, by the way, I tested it on both devices.

If you need even more capacity, go for the bigger brother with 82Whr.

1 Like

I use this bank to power my Akai Force and MPC Live :+1:

1 Like

Was looking to buy the XTpowerbank, but Amazon just took them down. What alternative would you recommend ( which is available in Amazon Europ).

Thank you!

@Skaratak, in your opinion, can this be a alternative?

For my part, I use a PowerBank Litionite Dragon 60000Mha 130w, it allows me to have 17 hours of autonomy with my Prime Go and 9 hours with my Prime 4!

1 Like

Wow, nice! Nice option! € 300,- a bit hefty for my taste do. Looking for one at max € 100,- euro as i will not need to use it often.

The price has risen sharply, I paid €259 for it a year and a half ago.

In the same Mha/W value, there is Krisdonia, a little cheaper!

you have this one which is good: https://www.amazon.fr/Krisdonia-Connecteurs-Ordinateurs-Portables-Smartphone/dp/B077TR3H2R

Aili power bank

This is a very nice powerbank, with loooots of juice (72000mAh 266wh) for only $170

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-72000mAh-Portable-Generator-Technology/dp/B0791WDZTW/?th=1

It has a 12v cigarrette plug so you can connect any inversor and use the standard AC cable, but also a USB C output of 12v 3a that can move up to 60w so basically just connecting a USB C to DC cable that handles 12v 3a you can power devices such as the SC Live 4