Internal battery not enough?

sorry that I have more questions, but denon asks 19 volts and the battery is only 18 volts that can’t work?

Denon dj prime go has possibly a voltage regulator inside on the power input, that can manage probably something between 15V till 20V

Fully charged it’s just under 20 volts

I use this adapter , Milwaulkee or Dewalt batteries and I can “GO” all night . GREAT alternative .Much respect to KillA-dogg for posting this.

2 Likes

Hey Everyone,

I just picked up the GO and I was wondering, has anyone has tried the Omnicharge Omni 20+? Apologies for not sharing a link, my account is too new.

I would like to do the same (i have 18v bosch and found the adapter). Is there a problem if the battery is over 4A. Because the denon’s electrical transformer indicates 19v-3.42A so a 18v 4A battery is almost identical but … if we put 18v 6A or 8A batteries? the intensity will not burn out the electrical input or does it regulate itself? (this is a question for electrical professionals …) Thank you.

I’ve been using a 5 amp hour battery without any issues. The amp hour rating is just the capacity of the battery (how much gas is in the tank). The go only draws much amperage as it needs.

1 Like

People in the Facebook group say Omnicharge Omni works.

I use Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC and get about 8.5 hours total play time.

This is fantastic and thank you for sharing this. I have purchased all the parts and can now extend the battery life of my controller. Just a quick question and sorry if it is a bit random: but when you use the battery pack and adapter, do you plug it in right away or use your internal battery and then plug it in once it starts to run out? Thanks

I plug it in right away

Cool. Thanks for your response :+1:t2:

1 Like

Good find… I didn’t realize you could do this. :blush::+1:

Legend! Thanks for this! I just ordered a kit for my Dewalt batteries! Way better option than buying an external power bank.

1 Like

Hey kaleo10,

how do you plug your Prime onto that GZ Sherpa?

Had Denon of made the battery removable, y’all could’ve just brought along spares.

2 Likes

Plug into the Sherpa 100AC ac outlet.

Update, this worked perfectly! I’m not very electrically inclined but wiring the pigtail to the battery adapter was super easy. I played for 3.5 hours on a 2.0 Ah 20V DeWalt battery and the internal battery on the Go was still at 99% when I finished. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@KillaA-dogg, would a 6.0 Ah Flex Volt be safe to use for even longer battery life?

Yes as long and the voltage is the same. I use a 5ah battery

A 18V bosch battery is in 4a and 5a. The pba 18v 4 ampere and the gba 18v 5 ampere. Wich one do you have and how much extra time does it give the PrimeGo? @ricket

General remark. Besides the batterij, the small cable and adapter as described. You also need a charger to charge the battery. Having my eye on a bosch 18v 4a starterpack with charger. But doubt here of I should go for the 18v 5a.

Go for the higher amperage. The device will only draw what it needs. That isnt going to be more than the original battery. So you can use slightly higher and have no issues at all