ID3 tag editor recommendation

Hi from Argentina people, would like to receive recommendations about software for Mac OS to edit ID3 tags, also in a massive way (for example, add the genre at once to several mp3 files) if you are working with some that can do such things I’ll appreciate your info.

Many thanks and good performances to all !

I use TagScanner. Free and very effective.

2 Likes

Hi @Reese will try it, many thanks for your prompt reply, are you using it on a Mac OS ?

Ah sorry overlooked that. It’s a Windows application only…

@mufasa or others?

I am using kid3

https://kid3.kde.org/

3 Likes

Hi Eric, it looks good and works on MacOS, will try it, thanks for your help!

I find this tool superb

https://onetagger.github.io/

2 Likes

It looks very good, will try it, appears to be free :sunglasses:

Sure do hope ID3-tagging will be part of the Engine desktop software at some point :blush:

2 Likes

Hi, @djangelsanz

For my part, I have been using Jaikoz for at least 10 years if not more and I saw that for 3 years we have “FINALLY” found MP3TAG for Mac!

My choices in order of preference (personal opinion) Windows / Mac:

Win:

1 - Tagscanner “I have been using it for over 10 years, just like Jaikoz, it had the advantage of being able to tag m4a video files and it was free”

2 - MP3TAG (old software and it was at the top, but limited and over the years… it has also evolved, namely that more than 10 years ago… it did not manage video files )

Mac:

1 - Jaikoz “It manages from the beginning, a large number of audio formats, so I could rename my Karaoke M4A videos both with my Mac and the PC, depending on the computer I had on hand”

2 - MP3TAG

1 Like

Yes, excellent and free for all platforms, and it allows tagging with Spotify using a free account by adjusting a little, but there are tutorials on the website that explain all of that

1 Like

I use one called ‘Evertag’ from the Apple app store, been using it to embed album art back into my files.

1 Like

It IS part of the Engine DJ desktop software, and has been for some time.

1 Like

Actual ID3-tagging? The last time I checked (admitted, it’s been a while) the tags weren’t saved in the actual file, but only in the Engine database. Also, I still don’t think you can add/change/delete artwork?

I’d love to be wrong, and that it’s been implemented without me noticing :blush:

I just tested and confirmed that the data does get written to the file.

I added some info to a track tag in Engine DJ then checked the file date, which had changed. I then opened the file in Tag&Rename and the new info was there.

Yeah the artwork thing is a biggie and long overdue. We’ve been asking since forever.

Wow, many thanks! now I have a lot of options to test!

1 Like

I’ve no knowledge of the Mac-OS ecosystem but this is what I use for tagging on W11

• MP3tag.de - very powerful but also extremely fast. And has some good features for massive batch operations. It’s actively being developed and maintained and its totally free
  • Beatunes - Not free but it does a lot of semi-automatically cleanup jobs. Like looking for misspellings, uncommon genre types and that kind of stuff. Beyond it being a good tag editor it;s also a very good playlist builder: its better at its job than Lexicon. Not free but for €35 a very good bargain.
  • Lexicon - a bit expensive considered to the other tools on this list. But its directly Engine 3.3 compatible.
2 Likes

Ah, that’s awesome if it’s indeed the case - will try it out as well :blush:

I’m a mp3Tag kinda guy but Evertag and OneTagger are free on Mac. I have them all but always drift back to mp3Tag.

3 Likes

MP3 Tag (Free and very professional)

1 Like