Horizontal Waveforms are HERE! (PRIME 4 v1.3.2 Update)

Thanks @MCharade, did you see the Spring Update for SC5000, SC5000M & X1800 recently - they also got a lot of love!

I would love if there was a way to customize the view by just holding and draggingā€¦ Or at the very least more options. I like the ability to see my crates in the same screen as the waveforms, much like you are able to in vertical mode. I would also like to see a ā€œstackedā€ vertical mode.

Examples: Option 1: option1

Option 2: option2

Personally, I would prefer option 2 or a vertical ā€œstackedā€ view, but I like the idea of being able to customize the sections at will.

I really appreciate how supportive and willing Denon is when it comes to implementing new features based on customer feedback, the Prime 4 is still a brand new system and they have already released two major updates based primarily on customer feedback. That is unheard of in our industry. I am still using my MC7000 w/serato as my primary setup but I think we are really close to making it possible for the PRIME4 to take its place. You guys at Denon are doing a great job, thanks so much for all of the love and support.

4 Likes

Hey @Gareth @EyeDJ - Full update instructions can be downloaded from here: https://www.denondj.com/prime-4-v132-firmware-update

Thanks J

1 Like

I did! I guess itā€™s more Engine Prime that needs the love. Library management/syncing & bpm detection is still painful. Do the SC5000/M not get the bpm improvements the prime 4 just got or did I miss this in the spring update?

Nice job Denon and thanks for the the new feature that you can now choose between vertical and horizontal waveforms by Prime 4. But why so big? Personally I am more a party DJ and during the gig I am mainly busy searching for the perfect next dancetrack at that very moment to entertain the people on the dancefloor instead of playing the perfect mix. Personally I would like to see for that reason that the waveforms can be turned off so that I have a prominent view on my music library without having to press other buttons. Also it would be nice if in future updates the display not only shows the tracktitle but also the artist.

3 Likes

Would be sound if could add Phase-meter!

1 Like

About the second option i like that you can visibly better distinguish which track belongs to which waveform

I have to agreeā€¦ Qudos to Denon. In such short time, u hear ur usersā€¦ u bring most important fixes so quickly.

Very happy to see this.

1 Like

All of your input on v1.3.2 for PRIME 4 is heard and appreciated! Please continue to provide feedback like feature requests and bugs via the proper Forum sections!

Keep being awesome Denon DJs!

1 Like

Wave forms are the perfect size, please do not change that. I like msanders7 option 1 view, but it is not a have to. How you did it now works. What I didnā€™t like was that in order to use zone out, you have to go back to vertical view. I think that needs to be fixed. That is just me though

1 Like

Good effort to start with but everything is too big , the new Horizontal Waveform layout needs to look like other software programs like rekordbox, etc and the option to change colours

I agree ā€¦

I also agree.

Yes, more zoom-out is needed please Denon DJ!

1 Like

Vote here:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/more-zoomout-on-the-beatgrid-with-use-of-knob/36950/42

1 Like