Horizontal Waveforms are HERE! (PRIME 4 v1.3.2 Update)

Amazing update. Just had a play and feel like this is a mega improvement. I can see a lot of phrase info coming up from house tracks (a little more zoom out would be epic though haha!).

Thanks Denon DJ. You guys knocked this one out of the park!

2 Likes

First of all, Thanks Denon DJ Team for listening and making this feature. 1 Thing though. Would it not make more sense for the waveforms to in the center of the screen and deck 1/3 on top, and deck 2/4 on bottom? Is that an option you think you might be able to add?

Thanks

surely 2 wave forms and a track browser is the next step, who uses 4 decks in any serious successfull way?

is this update going to let me use my traktor bpm analysis? the mother of all bpm analysis?

If you analyse on the P4 directly, yes. The desktop EP doesnā€™t have that functionality yet, but itā€™s coming very soon.

EDIT: As long as Traktor embeds the BPM into the metadata then yes is what should have written.

Good question and I agree. I do not understand why only the title of the song is displayed and not the artist.

1 Like

feeling really stupid- how to get the horizontal goodness? found everything else ok ā€¦ hate to ask . cheers

Hold down Shift and Master/Menu buttons.

1 Like

Hi; Wondering how you got the update on USB. I tried downloading the Firmware update (USB Updater) and when I run it, I get a popup (Prime4-1.3.2-Update.img ---- image not recognized). Thanks

got it. awesome

What exactly are you trying to run it on? That looks like a Mac interface, not a Prime 4?

If youā€™re using the USB updater, you donā€™t run it on a computer first. Just stick the USB in your Prime 4.

Awesome update! Shift Menu did the trick! :slight_smile: Keep the updates coming! Thank you!

Ahhā€¦it says to unzip the file and copy to USB, which is what I was trying to do. So I should just put the .dmg file on USB and run it from within the Prime 4? And yes, Iā€™m using the USB Updater

Youā€™ll have to use Disk Utility to copy the .img file to your USB, but if I was you, if you can of course, connect the P4 directly to your Mac via a usb cable and use the Mac Updater app instead, itā€™s WAY easier than getting the .img file onto a USB Drive. You can get the Mac Updater app from the same Downloads page you got the USB Updater from.

That .img file needs to be put onto a flash drive and thats what you use to update the PRIME 4. After you plug it into your unit, goto the Utility Menu and update the firmware at the bottom of the menu.

In the New horizontal Viewā€¦ Where can I see the Playlist / Tracks to choose?

This was also my initial thought too. Iā€™m not complaining though as horizontal waveforms have improved this machine 100% but aesthetically it would appeal to me.

On the prime 4 platter sensitivity, is the adjustment physically changing the feel of the platters or just how they manipulate the software when moved regardless of speed?

The horizontal view, can it show 4 decks at once on the prime 4 and on the sc5000ā€™s will it show both decks if playing simultaneously on each sc5000 unit?

Hey @Nils, thanks for your questions! The Nudge Adjustment/Platter Sensitivity adjusts the software and not the physical platter. As for Horizontal View, it sure can show all four decksā€™ full waveform, but only 2 moving waveforms can be viewed at once.

The reason for this was surmised several hours ago on the forum. No-one has said that this adjustment canā€™t be included on SC

What was the reason surmised several hours ago for putting Prime 4ā€™s update out before the flagshipsā€™?

Iā€™m sure it probably can, but thatā€™s not the point.