Here's a thought ... using SC2000s as midi-controllers for decks 3/4 on my Prime 4

Since they are basically just dumb midi-devices, could they not be used like the LC6000s.

All it really would need IMHO is a decent driver/mapping, not dissimilar to the LC6000s, which - if I understand correctly - are “dumb” midi-controllers too.

I don’t use decks 3 and 4 enough to warrant purchase of LC6000s (and am saving up for a Prime Go first), but have two perfectly good SC2000s sitting pretty and gathering dust. A simple usb-hub and a few cables will connect everything up electronically.

So, ladies and gents at Denon DJ, what do you say? Knowing both products intimately, as you produced them both, and no doubt in possession of drivers/mappings for the SC2000, why not make a few of us happy and give some older gear a new lease on life?

My three cents as usual

I have 2 SC2000’s and would love that but they were produced LONG before inMusic took over and considering how they’ve abandoned all other legacy products, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Agreed. If they wanted they could have done it in 2017 with SC5000 before LC6000 was released but they seem intent on breaking with all thing pre-inMusic.

1 Like

The thing of course being it’s nothing more than allowing something that is already possible, i.e. hooking up a midi controller to the Prime ecosystem, by adding the correct mapping. Something done in every DJ software since forever.

Point in case, it shouldn’t be to hard to add the mapping and done. Probably a tech person can do that during his/her lunch break should he/she choose to (don’t please, you people need your breaks just like the rest of us!). Just saying. In this environment of tossing away perfectly feasible stuff only to buy more stuff (that companies currently can’t even deliver in full force as witnessed by the worldwide shortage of anything electronics related), it would be nice to see some concerted effort to extend the lifetime of gear. And help the planet’s health just the tiniest bit at the same time.

Oh well. I won’t be holding my breath, but - talking about breath - it would be a breath of fresh air if Denon just did little things like this. Not to make money (the gear has been sold, the money in the bank already for a long time), but just as a sign of good faith to all those customers that have spent money (and lots of it in my case over the years, not much DJ gear I haven’t owned, maybe I missed the MC7000 LOL) on the brand.

All that said, I do really love my Prime 4. Had two gigs this month and it’s such a pleasure just tossing it down, sticking in a handful of cables and off you go. No laptop, no laptop stand, no mouse, no Serato stare, nothing.

So, keep up the good work, Denon DJ. Just know there are some little things you can do to make an already big fan and even bigger fan.

3 Likes
1 Like

Pretty sure a lot of things are possible, but tbh here, i think we already get as Denon users way more than the Pioneer crowd and we pay less. If we look a the possibility to even play two decks on one player, we should be pretty satisfied.

Some thought on the “Denon is not Denon anymore” i think the old Denon did not do pretty well against Pioneer. However the new stuff has a chance to compete on the Market.

3 Likes

Is it just me or do “denon” release something and then pioneer release a few weeks later. Trouble is pioneer then try and superseed it with something else to give it more "functionality " while denon just update saving denon guys money… Or pioneer just drop it. Denon can take criticisms on the chin. (I know from some of my rants lol)… bad mouth pioneer and moderator just bans you and deletes the problem so everyone thinks its all good. ( @Reese … dont get any ideas :rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl:). Denon although we may at times think slow are constantly working behind the scenes to bring us FREE updates to products that we bought for what they could do out of the box. No denon arent perfect but by christ they are working a lot fasterthan serato did and thats still not perfect is it. Some people slate build quality… personally i think a lot of button issues or broken faders are through “heavy handed” use… although it says “hit” the play button it doesnt mean get the sledge hammer out. A gentle press does exactly the same job. Keep going denon pioneer are slipping. How many updates this year for prime series compared to updates for the cdj300 ( their so called flagship. ??? That is the true mark of customer relationships isnt it.

4 Likes

Hallelujah !

1 Like

I wouldove to see the LC1200 a LC controller is a small form factor

1 Like

That is my number one issue with the 6000, the sheer size of it.

1 Like

I hope to do a better job and keep everyone’s opinion alive without censorship. I think it improves a product in the end. :relieved:

(Unless comments become personal attacks of course)

1 Like

Of course it improves the product because the dev team are so battered by higher up that they have to act to keep the product line alive. Pioneer just brush problems away then drop the product. Keep going as you are reece (i know we have our disagreements sometimes lol) but i think you do a fantastic job of keeping this forum completly honest good or bad

3 Likes

True. I have been censored on Pio forum myself based on a product opinion. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think reece should stsrt censoring the use of emojis…I :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

I just want to chime in, I was talking to my retailer a couple of weeks back when I was sending my Prime 2 for repair. He basically said to me everybody likes to run around pretending their brand is the best and everyone else’s brand is rubbish, but he sees the stuff that comes back and none of them are any better or worse than the other.

So all these people claiming a CDJ ‘doesn’t break’ or is ‘truly professional’ are just misinformed/easily led. The same applies the other way too.

Yup @STU-C a ferrari can still hit a tree the same as a ford can.

Its like those that claim “your not a dj you use virtual dj” just because they like serato… sooi we buy a pioneer xdjrx2… industry standard name… get that on serato and you will be a genius so pioneer dropped it rather than getting it integrated

1 Like

Yeah all that fanboyism is annoying.

If you look inside of a pioneer machine and a Denon you will see so many similar stuff. Especially the “bad” play buttons.

And yeah with every update there can be complications due to the fact that testing can not be done perfectly, without spending enormous amounts of Resources to get it to 99 percent. (I work in IT and have to do the testing for new developments as well)

Solution would be to drop the amount of updates and test the ones who coming out. But then people are already mad why it’s already so slow, even when capabilities like soundswitch standalone made it to the machine and so many more features. Somebody wants always more, faster and better.

I think we should be quite happy. Otherwise there is always the option to sell it and go to pioneer, Roland etc.

2 Likes

Phil on Digital DJ Tips said yesterday that James Hype doesn’t like the platters on the CDJ-3000 and prefers the 2000, so just goes to show doesn’t it

1 Like

Yup they are actually startung to lose their grip… the 3000s arent taking off like the 6000s have

2 Likes