Here's a thought ... using SC2000s as midi-controllers for decks 3/4 on my Prime 4

I actually like the 2000 nexus 2s and from my limited blast on the 3000 in a shop it felt really nice, but then 2 yards away from was the 6000 and it feels just as nice but then has shed loads more features and cost half the price. Pioneer need to return to their original philosophy that made those early gen CDJs so good.

1 Like

Lol @STU-C errrrrr no they dont. Let them keep going on the road they are onā€¦ people will soon find out that their so called god equpiment is not as feature packed as the one next to it for half the pruce INCLUDING a free lc6000 tooā€¦ beat that pioneerā€¦ my chalkenge to themā€¦ oh dear they havent got a layer controller have yhey :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::smiley::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

They havenā€™t got a layer to be fair :rofl:

Oh yeah lol forgot to put that bit in didnt theyā€¦ just make people buy 4 units instead

1 Like

Hey folks,

Some interesting conversations came out of this post LOL.

Seriously, it was never intended as a Denon DJ bash or anything. More like throwing out something I think would have been a nice gesture and something I would think could be done by an enthusiastic tech guy in a couple of lunch breaks.

Overall I am happy with Denon DJ as a company and most definitely with their gear.

I get some people feel itā€™s a throwaway society and Denon just ā€œabandondedā€ the MCX8000 (which I also owned) and the MC7000 (one of the few I havenā€™t owned) when launching the Prime platform.

Knowing the development it took to get to the Primeā€™s, I understand why they kept putting out competitive stuff with the Prime somewhere out of sight in the lab.

At the end of the day though, the Prime platform has given us something nobody has ever done before, a piece of hardware that can grow in features as the software (OS) is developed further.

Personally I was ALWAYS looking for the next better thing. Standalone, while once my preferred setup was bulky, heavy as h*ll (especially in a single coffin), controllers needed laptops which was never my preference, just a necessary evil (although I do miss my Mixvibes Cross software, I wish Denon had bought their alfa 4 software and used it as a basis for Engine DJ, but hey) and while standalone(ish), the MCX8000 always felt a bit short of the mark. One of those ā€œitā€™s just not quite ITā€.

But since my Prime 4 I have not looked at another controller (well I have, but purely out of curiosity) with the intend of trading up.

Thank you all for tossing in your opinions. Love having a good discussion with fellow DJā€™s (and gear junkies).

Keep on spinning, folks!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be ready if it ever happens. :wink:

2 Likes

With the MC6000 it looked like this (the top one, but you gathered that, right? :slight_smile: )

afbeelding

1 Like

The SC2000 sits right next to the Reloop Contour as my favorite jog wheel controller. The lc6000 is lovely but is missing a few know bs and buttons to really be a controller for anyone not in the denon ecosystem. The d2 is my favorite deck controller of all time.

1 Like