Favourite dance tracks (preferably lesser known but meh, post what you want)

you beat me to it :sunglasses::grin:

Sweetest Pain is a classic. Loose Ends did a good version too.

1 Like

I’m in the fortunate position of shoehorning both into my sets:) just not at the same part of the night haha.

1 Like

Yeah, I primarily play ‘Hardgroove’ and ‘Jackin’ Techno…basically Techno that sounds like fast (138-142bpm) House Music.

When not playing Techno, I love playing 'ish like this…

3 Likes

Yeah I like stuff like this with a funky drum beat but then I am from the old school hip hop and funk times.

Then again, I also love DnB, Breaks, UKGarage, Deep Dubstep, Future Garage, Juke/Footwork…I’m nearly 47, so I was there when so many dope genres sprung up. I have a bit of everything in my library (digital & vinyl), and thoroughly enjoy playing it all. But I primarily focus on Techno and House these days.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m 10 years older and soul, funk and Jazz Funk have been with all the way and thats why I love the funky house stuff now as its got elements of all of my favourite types of music. I have a 16 year old daughter that loves Earth Wind & Fire, Luther Vandross and some of the funky house stuff I listen to which makes me really happy as a dad :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Same here man, we used to call it ‘funky techno’ back in the day and DJs like Trevor Rockliffe and Fergie would smash it out. Dave Clarke - The Compass, Ben Sims etc.

I’ve been loving this for the last couple of years.

1 Like

Block and Crown are class Jay.

2 Likes

I’ve got quite a lot of their music STU, there is so much great stuff about these days and I have to say how impressed I am with your love and knowledge of the music I’ve been into for many years, your dad must be very proud mate :+1:

1 Like

Ben Sims and Mark Broom are my two absolute favorite Techno DJs/Producers!!

1 Like

He isn’t around any more but he is the main reason I’m into music so heavily Jay. He sat me down at 10yrs old and let me watch Blues Brothers:) I’d already been collecting records for 3 years by then (Michael Jackson - Bad being the first 12” I owned)… he had everything from Gladys Knight to The Eagles, then the Stones, Animals, Kinks etc. Pretty much what I grew up on.

I’m 42 now so was on the periphery of the early rave scene as a kid, then nights out started in the Ministry of Sound annual 2 era so it was all Morales and Van Helden etc.

1 Like

You heard the Trevor Rockiffe mix of Rhythm Masters - the Underground? That’s a proper banging techno disco mix.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear he’s not around mate but how cool was he to sit you down to watch the blues brothers, what a classic film with a brilliant soundtrack. We had a mixture of Rock n Roll, Motown and pop in my house growing up, music was always playing in the background.

Some great tunes already, keep it coming :slight_smile:

Here are a few of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWpdudlceco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srg_hUv4wN8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxCcgZMnDCo

4 Likes

Ohhhh loving the garage vibe Kevin… all over that. Quite often do sets at home that’s got that sound.

I need to up my game and get some more vids posted:)

2 Likes

No bother Jay, was a long time ago so mainly just happy with the memories of all the good times spent at music gigs etc.

The blues brothers man, must have seen it 30 times now, was a massive Aretha and Ray Davis fan as a young kid cos of that film :man_dancing:t4:

1 Like

Er, that’s Ray Charles :grin:

1 Like

Hahaha yeah sorry, few too many single malts. Ray Davies is the singer from the Kinks isn’t he.

Right, time to add some more favourite tracks of mine.

This first one is an old banger from the Empire in Middlesbrough, when ‘tek owes’ as we call it up North was proper… this got the dance floor up.

Another banger from that tech/prog era… not as underground but massive nonetheless.

No words for this, Quantic Soul Orchestra sample, I reckon I have 20 versions of this track… this one hits.

Some poppy cheese now, but dont ya just love it. Hammered this for far too long.

this one is favourite DJ’s being remixed by favourite DJ, stunning results. The story about her vocal being stashed in a cupboard for years is mental. Masters…At…Work.

This next one, I reckon it’s in my top 3 dance tracks ever. Its probably meaningless to many people but I listen to it and I think it just represents everything I love about house, and I also think its a track you could play someone if they asked you to portray Ibiza… just put this on and walk off. What I call ‘proper owse’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5irxAc2TBA

3 Likes