Favourite dance tracks (preferably lesser known but meh, post what you want)

Hit me up with your favourite dance tracks, I know most here are Dance music heads so it feels the easiest genre to do this.

My GF is away with work so im at home on the Xbox smashing some house music out… its made me think about tunes and some lesser known favourites.

Im gonna kick things off with this, it’s on a DJ Sneak album ive had for about 14 years, and I think it just encapsulates everything I love in house. Repetitive vocals, filtered, funky, deep, driving, uplifting… if I could try and describe what I love most, I would probs just play this track.

4 Likes

I don’t know how they can get away with that!

They’ve stuck a beat over a tiny sample from Starchild by Level 42 (written by Wally Badarou, Mark King & Phil Gould) yet on the Basement Boys label they claim “In The Sky” is written by S. Spencer & C. Clayton.

No credit to the original artist or writers - and unfortunately it seems the commonplace thing now. Take a sample of an old track, whack a beat over it, rename it and claim it as all your own work.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Haha thats getting into the politics of sampling right there:)

Wouldn’t be the first and certainly won’t be the last… but I just love the track as a house music record, regardless of origin.

The level 42 track is very good however.

2 Likes

Your Body (Sandy W. Remix) - YouTube :+1:

3 Likes

Might notice the vocals from this one. This was the original track and then it got remixed into a Overmono tune and also a seperate Navos tune.

2 Likes

Ah man ive never heard that Tom Novy remix before, very disco. I was in Ibiza the year that track came out and bought the promo from the record shop in the west end, still got it. Joey Negro - make a move was the other massive track that year too.

Next track is class too, love that type of house.

1 Like
1 Like

Been playing this for the last couple of weeks, always loved Robin S Show me love anyway. Being a bit of an old bloke I’m loving the funky house stuff that uses samples from music of my past.

1 Like
4 Likes

Nice Jay… I have like a 110bpm nu disco type version of show me love somewhere. It’s an easy win for getting all the birds up dancing haha, bit like Candi Staton you got the love.

1 Like

Hiya STU, the ladies love a bit of Show me Love, always a floor filler, as is You got the love and I’m every woman. I follow DJ Groove on YouTube and subscribe to his Patreon site, I get loads of music from him and his mixes are quality. Absolutely love Dave Lee (Joey N) and Michael Gray’s stuff. I’m also still loving that Open Sesame remix you got me into.:+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

Hiya mate, Michael Gray’s latest track inspired me to dig this monster out. Been hammering it early doors at my gig. Will be right up your street.

As for the DJ XS stuff, I reckon I play about 4/5 of his tracks most gigs:) Terrence Trent D’Arby - Dance Little Sister being a big one.

2 Likes

quality tune :+1:

1 Like
3 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder if they got permission from Nile Rodgers for that one.

Love dropping this in my recent sets…

7 Likes

Thats too fast for me mate, my old feet cant move faster than a shuffle these days :grin:

1 Like

I was playing this on the way home from work

1 Like

Digging that, I’m very particular about the type of techno I like and that falls into the thumbs up category definitely.

1 Like

Another old skool beauty from me, insane to think this is 27 years old… still rocks it.

And yes @PKtheDJ it is a Dexter Wansell sample :wink:

4 Likes