Engine Prime doesn't add tracks to playlist

Hi Nubium. I have a very tedious work-around for this now. I hope this helps you in some way. So you either have : (A) collection stored on your computer and you export it to an external drive / drives. (B) collection stored on your external/s (this is what i have), therefore no need to export. With option (A), everything should work just fine. With option (B) you run into this issue. Engine is looking for a database that is located on your computer’s internal drive. Rekordbox gives you the option to specify where the master database is located. Engine doesn’t give us that option!! So to get things back to normal, this is what I did. 1) locate your default “music” folder on your computer. Look through it until you find an “Engine Library” folder. Rename this folder to “Engine Library - Computer” (or similar). Now navigate to your external drive & look for a folder called “Engine Library”. Copy that “Engine Library” folder from the external & paste it into your computers default “Music” folder. Now when you start-up Engine everything should work normally again. If you are using more than 1 drive this way, remember that for each drive, it requires an “Engine Library” folder for each drive. Once you are finished adding your music to that external, go back into your computers music folder & rename that “Engine Library” to something you wont forget. Something like “External No1”. You need to do this with each drive you plan to use. Copy the Engine libraries from those drives to “music” rename them appropriately, then rename them to “Engine Library” when you work with them. It’s a pain to do but it’s the only way that I can manage my music on my external drives the way I want. One positive of this, is that you always have a backup of your library should something go wrong.

What happens if you don’t do this step?

If the only thing you did was to rename the laptops default Engine Library folder?

For some reason, it doesn’t work. If I just delete / rename it without copying the other one, it’s exactly the same. It doesn’t allow you to add tracks. Well, this is sort of the case. I have 3 drives that I use. If I just rename / delete, only one of the 3 work. If I copy & paste from each drive, then each works perfectly. It seems like Engine wants / needs a database on the computer to work properly, and that database must direct the software to the whichever drive is in use.

Thanks for the answer. I use external drives with my library on like you do. It used to work just fine , I don’t understand what changed. I’m a little confused by the explanation but I’ll go over it sorry later ( only have 4 hours sleep as DJ’d last night.

What’s the difference between the one drive that works and the other two that don’t?

Were they “packed” drives?

I really don’t know why the one works & the others don’t. I never packed any of them, so should be all the same.

There is no reason why you should be having to go through this.

There must be something wrong with the database on the two drives that do not work.

Thanks for your info but that doesn’t really help me.

Did you try what I suggested above?

Hi Crazycraig. I am trying it right now. the answer I gave above was about the post from DjMell26

Ah ok, no problem. I wasn’t too sure who that was for.

Mix masterg was trying to help me with this matter today, he recommend I just start again and build my EP library again. this is gonna take me too long, I may just use your method. but im not quite understanding it.

I can guarantee you this will work. Each time I’ve done this, it works. Find your “Engine Library” folder on your computer - normally in the “Music” folder. Rename that “Engine Library” folder to something else. Find the “Engine Library” folder on your external drive that you’re working with. Copy it & then Paste it into your “Music” folder where that “Engine Library” you renamed is. Now startup Engine & test.

and are you still using the ■■■■. that’s odd, the forum will not let me type D E C U

I never actually used it. MixmasterG just gave me some advice.

This D ec u is banned because of aggressive advertising from the creator that got also banned because of spamming the forum with his selling.

Hey guys I’m Having this issue drag and drop files from my Usb stick into the drive on the software and nothing happens? Doing my head in do we have a fix yet as djing Saturday night and unable to add my playlist have made and put it through engine dj…

@DenonDJ_Support_DE @DenonDJ-Australia @DenonDJErick @mufasa

You need to explain your workflow in more detail so people can understand fully how you’re trying to add music. Where is it stored? How do you add it to this storage etc. also what the storage device is, what your computer is.

It might be worth editing your profile too as your country of residence looks like it could be a security problem from your end.

1 Like