Engine Prime Courrpt Data Base *Very Fed UP*

I cant even get to the point of trying to implement your described process because EP cannot read my drives correctly.

I am not sure if this is a coincidence I was using my Prime 4 with no problems 3 times a week since i bought it way back 2019. I was playing tracks that were just copied over from my old hard drive raw with no sort of analyzing etc .Then I decided to re scan all the files with mixed in key soon as I did I got the hard drive is corrupt error.I wiped the hard drive and re added the files and now the hard drive is not reporting any problems.

I think other software mucking around with the files that Engine Prime is happy with could certainly be the issue

No Doubt it Mixed in Key that was the problem.Just pointing it out in case anybody else had a similar problem.

That’s the odd thing though - why should using MIK corrupt the database? MIK writes to the file tags (if you let it) not the Denon database.

The database seems overly sensitive to the tiniest thing.

I found it annoying that, rather than just run through my files and create a database, EP insists on creating its own file structure, with separate folders for every artist, even for the slightest change (artist featuring X, artist featuring Y) - then making even more folders below that for albums, even if there is no album.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear of the trouble!

If you’re still experiencing database corruption, please visit the link below and provide the requested information.

Doing so will help us better understand what may be causing this for some users and quickly find a solution.

We greatly appreciate your help!

Just my $.02, but I was having these issues in the beginning (2017), and with external drives that spin and/or require a little more juice for sure (even SSD’s). I haven’t had these problems since switching exclusively to SD cards and USB thumb drives. High quality, high speed…for both playback and recording (Prime 4).

Is there anyone concerned about corrupt databases who doesn’t carry a backup?

If yes, then one of those halves of the equation needs to change

Engine Prime has now a backup button in utility. Maybe that can help?

Nothing is

Absolutely nothing is

Nothing at all

The less external influence, the better everything gets though

Considering that a device with just music files on can be connected to the hardware and used, it should at least be possible to bypass a corrupted database, rather than have the corruption prevent the unit being used.

Yeah . Great way of populating a second drive etc

There needs to be a redundant backup system that works in the background so that end users have no interruption in their chosen workflow, the backup option in the current release let me down within the first few days which i did post about on the forum, so i still do automated backups for that just in case moment.

If a users has a massive catalogue and subsequent database to boot, it is not great if they have to revert back to [hopefully] an older version just to get back up and running.

That’s life for you . It’s not perfect

Any make of hard drive can fail and SSDs are far from fail-free too.

@Antchi hence why i said there needs to be ‘redundancy’ :+1:

1 Like

That’s why I always have my original plus two mirrored drives with me at each gig - not that I’ve got any gigs at the moment thanks to covid

@Antchi feel your pain brother - well, actually, i don’t as i am a bedroom DJ, but i empathise with you and hope some time in the near future you and all the other pub/club/whatever DJ’s manage to start spinning again and make some well earned cash :+1:

i used the software in this video to backup my archives & databases.

the guy makes a hdd button to auto sync… but you can put files onto a external hdd and each time you connect to your pc it auto back ups the wanted files.

i do this each time i completed a new mapping session in engine prime. i close the engine prime app. connect the hdd & the needed folders will auto sync.

if there is a corruption in the future you just replace the needed folder to your drive again & it’s ok . side note; i only do this with the engine prime database folder here is the video:

Yes! But not with the Prime 4.

The above happened while prepping tracks in my laptop. The file will still play in EP, I don’t have my SC6000s yet, so for now I’m not going to worry too much. :thinking:

To sync my library with my internal mounted hdd… I just take out the internal mounted hdd (i bought myself a sata extension-cable so it isn’t that hard to plug in/out the hdd.)

I connect the hdd directly to the computer with a sata/usb cable and it’s good to go. (more stable imo because it’s a direct connection) i use the sync manager in engine prime and boom it goes half time faster in comparison with when i connect the prime 4 to my computer…

So to me this is the most reliable way to sync for now…

hope this can work for you too this way in the future.

1 Like