Engine Prime 1.5 almost ready

Lucky you.

The forum is rife with posts about peripherals not coming online in and around when an update was done.

I will not take that chance with a venues gear if I’m not the resident.

I may take such chance with pioneer as they have been doing this for a hot minute. But it’s still a risk and you have to be ready if anything goes wrong with a way to fix that.

Not once not twice I have been called from neighboring clubs to sort out bricked media players due to a guest dj updating the firmware.

I will only update the firmware if there is something that won’t work without the firmware.

In my experience it’s usually HID support that requires updating the firmware.

Playing music on USB sticks is usually compatible between firmwares.

2 Likes

Actually the database setup in Engine Prime is pretty smart. I think from all DJ software collection databases (and I know the big names very well) it’s by far my most favourite. The fact that everything including artwork and various graphical track presentations (=WAV forms for various on screen purposes and resolutions) are all contained in the database makes EP extremely flexible.

I’ve abused my EP databases pretty much over the past 3 years of Prime use, but never ever did I have a corrupt database. But I welcome a smart and solid backup system with on player recovery possibility (the latter is very important because that is the critical moment that things can go wrong)

Sorry guys, but where can i load the engine Prime V1.5??

regards from germany

When Denon DJ decides to publish the new version, you will find it here as always. For now it is only an anticipation (secret) :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

Ok!? Thanks - er still wait for the update and also for the Prime OS Update :+1::sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

I think NoiseRiser is talking about Engine Prime here, not OS.

@Reese This part of the discussion was about firmware (OS) updates derived from the discussion would EP1.5 be back worth compatible with earlier firmware updates.

He is referring to firmware.

His words, Not mine.

I was refering to Engine OS, and added that I use only Engine Prime as management software. So I don’t do any imports from any traktor, rekordbox, vdj, serato or something… all for me so far works great. One issue I had was when I lost hot cues before the gig (I think we had 1.3.xxx software then) but managed to play a good set anyway and dealed with the problem later instead of complaining about it like a winning teenager with too much money. In the end I find both Engine OS and Engine Prime as programs that are maybe not perfect, but good enough to be treated seriously as a working dj tool. Some things need to be smoothed out, but as we know, Denon dev team is working on it. Many djs use it with confidence and with joy. Because this is all about we should have fun and bring great emotions to our crowds on the dance floors.

1 Like

Can we sign up for a notification or something ? looks great though, love the preview waveform.

Also, is the update going to be pushed though to 1.3.4 ? or do we have to download it manually ?

thanks !

Yes a nice touch. I would use the he preview column to housekeep tidy but of no my use for picking to choose music.

The batch change of tag is very main use for me. I download Rekordcloud free a Two months ago for the batch tag changing. It will not convert the engine prime data yet but the writer tell of engine prime integration in to the rekordcloud In soon . months. May soon we need only the engine prime and The rekordcloud

Rekordcloud is :fire:

Beast of a tool!

1 Like

The players still analyze tracks from Tidal for example… So it would be a natural thing to implement the improved BPM detection on the players as well.

I think they will release for OS and EP right around the same time.

Thought 1.5 had been released, i was looking at Engine and not prime. DOH

You’re not the first to fall for that one @Revan. That’s why I suggested in my comment at the beginning of this thread to tweak the version numbering

1 Like

So it looks that one of the most requested feature (variable BPM gridding) will be jumped even in this release. “more accurate beatgridding” sounds like “yeah we did something just because everyone is bothering us, but we did not care too much”.

Way far to become a standard in the clubs, it they go with ant steps.

@Fulvio that is my take away from the video as well as outlined in my first comment in the thread here

Some more thoughts about the why can be read here

But since none of us played with “1.5” (or that person would be in breach of the NDA), Denon DJ can still pleasantly surprise us :slight_smile:

Can someone at Denon tell me how many more years I need to wait for proper library management so I can freely organize my crates, sort music within playlists without them reverting back to default, have smart playlists so I can FINALLY organize my Clean Edits, and have flexible beat grids?

In all seriousness, once those four features are implemented, Engine Prime won’t be a severe chink in the armor that is the Prime ecosystem. BUT! This update is a step in the right direction…but for real though I’ve been asking for those four things for three years now. Denon, what’s the hold up?

If the foundation isn’t solid you can’t build uppon it. Rekordbox and Traktor come from a long way to become what they are today, we’re now in a position to help shape the Engine Prime user experience from the bottom up… Good things take time.

Check the inMusic roster, all is linked. AKAI MPC’s And the Prime 4/2/go’s are havin soo much similarities! Mixmeister’s software development is linked to Prime & MPC.

Notice progression in 1 of their camps… soon it will follow upon the rest.

In what way can’t you do that now?