Engine Library updating mid set & freezing user input

Hi, thought this was fixed but occasionally my Engine software locks me out for a time whilst it’s updating the library. This has the potential to be disastrous if the current track is coming to an end. I’m running the latest 2.4.0 and I’m pleased with the way it’s solid except for this issue. It’s worrying that you can’t start the loaded track waiting in the next player until the library update has sorted itself out. Anyone else having this issue?

2 Likes

Is this happening while changing from source to source eg: tidal to local drive?

Didn’t really notice it happening when switching to Tidal. When I’m switching to another drive I kinda expect it to update so I’m ready for it. It’s the random library update whilst I’m searching for a track which it does occasionally

I’ve taken that to mean “updating search results”

No because when it’s normally searching you can come out of the search, load a track, press play etc. When this library update thing is occurring it blocks all input until it’s finished

I encounter this sometimes when I clear the search field with the X

Yes I think you may be right, I’ll check again as I’m back at work tonight. Either way it’s not right lol

I wonder if it’s something as straightforward as “when x is pressed the search string that search is looking for is suddenly -everything- “

It’s like how some retail websites could be crashed by searching for * or ? as wildcards

Just got home from work tonight, 7 hour set & it never did the lockup at all, is strange it happens sometimes