šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.3.0 Now Available - Profiles, Streaming Analysis Database, Match, Fader Echo + More!

Hi All,

Weā€™re excited to announce that Engine DJ v3.3.0 is now available for all Engine DJ hardware products. With this update, weā€™ve introduced new features that improve local and streaming music discovery via the Streaming Analysis Database and song Match. Youā€™ll be able to find songs that mix well with one another faster than before. Weā€™ve added a new Phase Meter to help with beat alignment, and Fader Echo, making your transitions sound seamless!

The desktop version brings new rules for Smart Playlists and is now compatible with macOS Sonoma. As always, we also made a number of under the hood improvements and incorporated user requested features. You can find the release video, full release notes and download links below.

We hope you find these updates useful and wish you all a happy and joyous holiday!

Release Notes

Engine DJ Performance Software for Hardware (OS)

New Features

• Engine DJ Profiles - Introducing Engine DJ profiles. Create a custom DJ profile to personalize your Engine DJ device, easily register your hardware, and automatically log in to your music streaming and cloud service subscriptions with a single device login.
    • Participating music streaming services include:
      • Amazon Music Unlimited
      • Dropbox
      • SoundCloud Go
      • TIDAL
    • Manage your profile information, connected services, and authorized devices online by logging in to your profile on enginedj.com
  • Streaming Analysis Database - Access crowd-sourced metadata and beat grid information for supported streaming services. Once a track has been analyzed by a user logged into their Engine DJ profile, the beat grid, key, and BPM data are uploaded to the streaming analysis database for immediate access in streaming service track lists without analysis. Note that an Engine DJ profile is required to access crowd-sourced metadata.
  • Match - Easily find songs in your library lists compatible with songs loaded to the decks with new, intelligent, and powerful Match filters.
    • Match can be applied in playlists, Smartlists, Search, Prepare, and History lists.
    • Match is available for local media devices, Engine Remote Library, and streaming tracks that have automatically been added to a drive collection by loading to the deck or adding them to the Prepare playlist while a source drive is connected.
    • Configure Match rules from the icon in the Library view. Match rules include:
      • Follow Lead Deck
      • Match to Deck
      • BPM Range
      • Key Type: Fuzzy, Compatible, Exact
      • Genre: Close, Exact
      • Hide Played
  • Fader Echo - Automatically apply an Echo effect by lowering a channel fader or moving the crossfader away from the mix-out deck. This allows for seamless transitions when mixing tracks. Fader Echo is enabled via the swipe-down menu or by pressing the fader icon in the top header bar. Additional Fader Echo parameters can be found in the FX tab of the device preferences.
  • Phase Meter - The new dynamic Phase Meter provides high visibility of the deckā€™s beat offset from the lead deck. Phase Meter is available for all Engine DJ devices, and Media Players can switch between the Beat Keeper or the new Beat Phase Meter.
  • Added touchscreen FX selection to PRIME 4 and PRIME 4+
  • Added the ability to switch the Prime GO VU meters to show channel levels
  • Added the ability to trigger playback of Saved Loops when in a paused state.

Improvements and Fixes

• Added an FX tab to the device Settings menu to better group FX options.
  • Flanger Touch FX Amount can now be controlled using the Y-axis.
  • Noise Gate Touch FX now features a volume slider for the Noise parameter.
  • Fixed an issue where the Ping Pong effect parameter would not visually represent the state of the effect (PRIME 4 and PRIME 4+).
  • Added the ability to long press the FX Select GUI element to select an effect.
  • Ableton Link now has an offset time option to correct the phase.
  • Added Resolume Support for PRIME 4+
  • Fixed a Playlist Deck issue that resulted in no audio output when Amazon Music Unlimited was the source.
  • Improved Wi-Fi interoperability
  • Improved moving waveform rendering
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Engine DJ Preparation Software (Desktop)

New Features

• Added support for macOS Sonoma

Improvements and Fixes

• Smartlists text fields (Album, Artist, Comment, Genre, Label, and Title) now have the following new conditions:
    • does not contain
    • is equal to
    • is not equal to
    • begins with
    • ends with
    • empty - ā€œtrueā€ or ā€œfalseā€
  • Fixed an issue where Engine DJ could hang when trying to eject a drive under certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sync manager would fail to export a track if there were duplicate tracks in different playlists.
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Downloads

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

21 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna make a lot of people happy. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Something small that can make a big difference, excellent addition.

7 Likes

Nice one guys! Some great new features. Engine DJ, the gift that keeps on giving :+1:

4 Likes

Are stems on 3.3 for the prime + or are they only available in current beta version? ty

Finally. thx a lot!

1 Like

Š”ool update. Prime GO VU meters, ableton link offset, match! so many useful things)

3 Likes

FYI No Stems option on 3.3.0 on Prime 4+

Me, for one :heart_eyes:

Another great update! :blush:

2 Likes

Sweet! I really appreciate the attention for ā€˜small detailsā€™ aka Ableton Offset, Prime Go Ch-VU, Wifi improvements, new smartlist conditions. FW 3.3 is a great release to conclude this year.

5 Likes

Great update dev team! I was happy to see metadata sharing for streaming services. Iā€™ve some questions about user sourced beatgrids. How does the service handle multiple beatgrid meta data shared from multiple contributors for the same track?

Another thing desperately needed for streaming services is playlist sorting. Fantastic that I might not have to do pre-analysis on a playlist ahead of time with user sourced track metadata, but if I have a playlist with hundreds of songs, it would be really nice to be able to sort them.

I am one of those peoplešŸ˜

The phase meter should use red amber green it would just make it easier at a glance a simple update patch could do that, what we are all going to want is the fluid beat grids that just became the ā€˜must have featureā€™ we didnā€™t know we needed until yesterday, this goes hand in hand with stems so the Engine guys enjoy your x-mas break because 2024 you need to drop stems and fluid beat gridding

WHAT? :smile::smile::smile:

Ahem excuse me! Some of us have been longing for this since the dawn of time.

If you look at the entire catalogue of music, steady tempos (from drum machines etc) havenā€™t really been around that long. Thereā€™s a much bigger back catalogue that was played by humans.

Itā€™s surprising that itā€™s taken taken this long for DJ software to do this. We have AI and stems separation, which seemed like an impossible thing not long ago, yet beat analysis canā€™t follow a tempo??? :man_shrugging:

Itā€™s fantastic that the grid can now follow the waveform/tempo without intervention.

Hopefully it will become ā€œfluidā€ in other software/hardware sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Only the grid that Engine created on first run will be uploaded back to the catalog. So only that algorithm is used, even it might not be right.

The user edited versions are not saved in the cloud. That would still be only in your local source database.

2 Likes

It would be great if edits were visible to other users, so we can choose to use it, and rate it if itā€™s accurate, then others can see which edit is rated high and pick that one.

Donā€™t know if that would become available in the future, but would be a good addition.

Every update to Engine makes me so happy.

I was really excited about the Cloud Database feature in 3.3 I have a gig with my Prime Go on Friday, so when I heard about the update I installed it on my Prime Go, Prime 4, and Windows PC on Wednesday evening and logged in using the QR codes on both devices. I then shut off my Prime Go and set my Prime 4 to start analyzing my playlists on Tidal hoping that I would see the analyzed info on my Prime Go the next time I booted it up. The info says it would be instant, but itā€™s been over 24 hours since the tracks were analyzed on my Prime 4, but the information isnā€™t available on my Prime Go.

Itā€™s not a gamebreaker, Iā€™ll just have to run the analytics on the Go as well, but I really would have liked for the Cloud Database to have worked as anticipated.