šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.3.0 Now Available - Profiles, Streaming Analysis Database, Match, Fader Echo + More!

Check that all your devices have the same analysis range settings.

1 Like

Yeah that part is a pain in the butt. Iā€™ve seen a lot of confused people already, wondering why theyā€™re not seeing anything.

FYI @nidde the analysis works only in one BPM range at once, so the data is only visible if you happen to be using the exact same range as the one which was selected when they were scanned (by you or anyone else).

Great news, once more !! Thanks so much Denon team, you made o a lot of folks happy !!

The new Algoriddim algo is great news too, because it motivates every other company to evolve and not to stay behind. A flexible beatgid reading is a must, since forever. And I am sure that Denon will follow soon.

Again, to the Denon team, thanks, great job !!!

1 Like

Dear all and @JWiLL,

thanks for the update and I can estimate, how many endeavours are built in.

First I was glad, to find this improvement:

and I started testing. But I detected as follows:

The only difference to v 3.2.0 is, when twisting the encoder for the FX1 / FX2 (FX Select #48):

For a fraction of a second on the touch screen a menue for the FX is shown:

Sorry, this fraction is too fast to decide and to touch for any election.

So I have the question:

Is this feature for the PRIME 4 still not availabe since before the update (pls have a look in the updated manuals) and is the line at ā€œwhatā€™s newā€ only a forecast and forgotten to delete?

Any assistance in this matter is highly appreciated, especially from DENONā€™S side, as I havenā€™t seen any complains from other users before.

Enjoy the day and brgds BeatMaster

Hey Beatmaster, hope youā€™re well man.

What happens when you tap on the FX Select in the bottom corner rather than twist the encoder?

In the manual, itā€™s written that this fonction does not exist on Prime4ā€¦ Such a pity because it would be better to have fx on the screen instead of the buttons panels

Hey @STU-C,

thanks for your prompt reply. Iā€™m just finished with my daily training, and thanks Iā€™m fine and I hope you as well ā€¦

Question (sorry Iā€™m not an English native speaker): What do you mean with "

"?

Could you pls so kind as to advise? Do you mean item 47 or 48?

The encoder (48) I canā€™t tap, I only can twist it.

Tapping FX ON (47) I 'll try tomorrow again (Iā€™ve just shot down the system)

Or do you mean any other point / switch of the system?

Many thanks in advance for your endeavours in this matter and enjoy the night

Brgds BeatMaster

Moin @Guetto_David,

thanks for your advise.

This item you pointed out is absolutely correct. In my mind, itā€™S a discrepancy between the advised updated agenda (there it is reported on that this issue had been solved) and in the manual(s) it is still described as not available (same situation as in the version 3.2.0).

DENONā€™s staff forcasted that this issue should be solved asap and so I thougth, this will be the solution.

So now Iā€™m confused, whatā€™S actual and what not.

The only difference I detected was that the ā€œoverviewā€ appears for a fraction of a second on the touch screen and then disappears again.

Enjoy the night and brgds BeatMaster

What is strange is that in the Phil Morseā€™s 3.3 presentation video, this function is present and workingā€¦! On my Prime4, I did not found how to activate it. May be only for Prime4 + ??

Good to read that you use P4 as well. Iā€™m sure the solution should regard P4 and P4+.

Do you know, if Phil Morse is using the P4 or any other gear?

Is there phps a link to Phil Morse?

Thanks in advance and brgds BeatMaster

Heā€™s using a Prime4 + See the video at the beginning of this post. I tryed to do exactly like him but nothing appears on the screen. Maybe Iā€™m missing something Digital DJ Tips say Engine DJ 3.3 launched an hour ago? - #25

Thanks I will watch and keep you posted

@BeatMaster Stu means the bottom left corner of the screen (from your image).

1 Like

I just tried as advised but unfortuneately the thread stops at #23 and I found this advise:

Closed 4 days ago

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I will investigate, somewhere Philā€™S video will be availabe :innocent:

Brgds BeatMaster

Moin @PKtheDJ,

thanks for your explanation.

The image i took from the manual. Itā€™s not a screenshot from my gear :innocent:

This overview I only get on the touchscreen for a fraction of a second and there is nothing to touch.

But many thanks for your endeavours and enjoy the night

Brgds BeatMaster

Hey BM, as PK said, I meant touching the actual touch screen, the bottom corner where it says ā€˜FX Selectā€™ā€¦ if you tap it does it bring that list up on screen for you to select one?

I might be wrong but I think on my Prime 2 I can either twist the FX select knob to bring it up or I can tap where the current FX is selected on screen to do it too.

Edit: ignore me, the Prime 4 doesnā€™t show the chosen effect on screen does it. I think using it with the knob is the best thing but yeah it would be nice to give you more time to tap.

Scroll till the beginning of the topic, the video is here

Hey @STU-C,

thanks for your explanation. Everything is clear now:

The corner you descriebed, is not on the screen. I canā€™t reach it, as it disappears before you can hit. Furthermore in P4 it is not shown.

And using the knob causes the issue as described.

I think a case for DENONā€™s staff ā€¦

Thanks again and have a good night BeatMaster

1 Like

Thanks @Guetto_David,

now I have found the video and I will watch very carefully.

Iā€™m eager to learn some news.

Thanks again and enjoy the night BeatMaster

Moin @Guetto_David,

in the meantime I watched Phil Moreseā€™S video:

He is using a Prime 4 +

When trying to handle the FX1 / FX2 via the touchscreen menue, he is encountered with the same issue I detected (e.g. more than one attempt to catch Ping Pong. The overview disappeared within a fraction of a moment and he started the next attempt).

Then he changed to the TouchFXs: There you can watch totally relaxed the overview for the effects, as they are fixed as long as you want or till you touch one effect.

Iā€™m looking forward reading / hearing what DENON will say to this :innocent:

Thanks again and enjoy the features in v3.3.0

Brgds BeatMaster