🚀 Engine DJ v3.2.0 Now Available - Day Mode, Fuzzy Key Mixing, FX Select Menu, Improved Downbeat Detection + More!

I think it was basically to make it easier for standalone on Push 3.

The team that just keep on giving :star_struck: Awesome guys!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to:

• Artist displayed on Prime decks
  • Loop and sync in the sampler
  • Increase in recording level
  • Access to streaming services in desktop Engine
  • Massive improvements to smartlist options
  • Edit track cover art in desktop Engine

etc. etc.

3 Likes

Agree with some of your points. But honestly, the way you put it, would not really motivate me, if I were an edj developer after just having finished some hard work on the latest freebie update …

2 Likes

Thanks Denon Team for this update <3

I assume we will get access to the image files later :)?

2 Likes

Like going on holiday :joy:

Engine DJ 3.2.0 is now available on the Engine DJ website and OTA. Thank you for your patience.

10 Likes

And I just switched off my decks for tonight, look forward to updating them all tomorrow though yay.

Denon is killing it!! Also Day Mode! Thank you!!!

1 Like

Liking the fuzzy key feature :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Any update or fix for the prime 4 + experiencing the slow laggy and juddery waveforms?

1 Like

I also experienced this and also heard it glitch in the audio. Happens especially if start playing immediately after boot up.

Great job :clap: tired day mode today and it was a game changer!

The waveform drawing has already been discussed elsewhere and is cosmetic only. The team are planning on addressing it in future but it’s nothing major to worry about apart from how it looks visually.

The audio glitch however is unrelated and is an issue. Please drop any info you have in the link below as the devs are looking into why the Prime 4 glitches just the once upon first boot-up.

2 Likes

Excited about the updates. Will test if the updated downbeat analysis works better for my dnb/jungle library. Hope so that would be awesome!

Hello guys, thanks for the beautifull udate ! EXCEPT i noticed a fault. I use a SC LIVE 4 and when i want to play a Amazon playlist it will load it into my deck and it only plays the first number. It won’t play all the others. You can skip tracks and you will see it downloading …but when it tries to play it the time freezes at 0.00 and you see it downloading the next track…but no playback…if you skip back to the 1st track it will play only that one.

Check it out if you alkso have trouble with that. I downgraded to 3.1.1 again and it all works fine.

Thank you for your attention.

Does the Downbeat detection improved for greater accuracy, include flexible beatgrid on re-analyze for those ripped vinyls, old 80-90’s tracks?

“…on prime series gear the screen is always the heart of the system…” Mojaxx

3:03 Denon DJ PRIME GO Review | Tips and Tricks

@MrWilks I don’t know why you are trying to reduce the impact of the stuttering waveforms saying it’s only cosmetic, it’s not. Ok, the sound isn’t affected but the workflow is and, the screen is a visual aid(and the heart of the system) and when it stutters it’s bad, not a minor problem!

Also, I didn’t notice at the beginning that the running waveforms are blurry, I can barely see the bar numbers, everything else is crisp though. This is also a problem that don’t affect the sound but the mixing experience and the outcome of it, not good either.

I haven’t installed the update yet.

2 Likes

Maybe because lots of DJs don’t focus their attention on the ‘on screen’ waveforms. Anyone using a CDJ setup (Industry standard and most common DJ setup on the planet) won’t pay much attention to them as they are split across 2 decks and outside of seeing where breakdowns are they are largely redundant.

Then you have the vast majority of DJs who still just mix manually with their ears so again don’t particularly care what is happening on screen.

When Mojaxx states its the ‘heart of the system’ he is referring to the library function and effects selection, that again are the primary use cases for the screen.

It might be a big deal to you personally but let’s not assume its a global issue for all DJs.

I don’t assume it’s a global issue for all DJs. But the problem should not be ignored or diminished. Old DJ’s may not care, but, not a wild guess, new DJ’s and consumers want smooth things, look at the mobile phone market.

Did not understand fully the first part CDJ setup of your post, I guess my point is valid anyway.

1 Like