🚀 Engine DJ v3.2.0 Now Available - Day Mode, Fuzzy Key Mixing, FX Select Menu, Improved Downbeat Detection + More!

Hey Everyone,

Hope you’re all enjoying summer. We’re here with another feature update that brings some exciting additions to the table. The new features include a Day Mode theme for better visibility in brighter environments, a Fuzzy Key option for greater harmonic compatibility when key syncing, an enhanced touchable FX selection menu, improved downbeat detection, and the addition of ISO EQ for Numark devices. You can find the release video and full notes and download links below.

Your feedback is valuable to us, and we hope you find these updates beneficial.

Release Notes

Engine DJ Performance Software for Hardware (OS)

New Features

• Day Mode - A new daylight-optimized UI theme is now available. To enable day mode, open the Control Center and tap the new Layout option.

• Fuzzy Key Mixing - The new Fuzzy Key matching option allows key syncing to the closest compatible key instead of the same key, minimizing potential large jumps in pitch.

• FX Select - A new effect select menu for both Main and Touch FX allows for fast and easy effect selection by touching the effect name on the touchscreen. Note: The new FX select touch menu, is available for products with a single FX select knob. Coming soon to PRIME 4 and PRIME 4+.

• Flex Gate FX - A new and improved gate effect with various gate types synchronizing to the track’s phase. This effect replaces Auto Gate.

• Numark Engine DJ devices can now switch between Isolate and Normal mixer EQ types.

Improvements and Fixes

• Downbeat detection has been improved for greater accuracy. Tracks previously analyzed must be re-analyzed in Engine DJ (desktop) to take advantage of this improvement.
  • The Play as Playlist button is now an icon.
  • Fixed a phase alignment issue for effects that consider track phase when triggering.
  • Fixed an issue where Engine DJ Remote Library would not connect after restarting Engine DJ hardware.
  • Fixed an issue where certain Wi-Fi login error dialogs would continue to show repeatedly after being dismissed.
  • Fixed an issue where the track end warning would not show on short tracks.
  • Fixed an issue where, in rare circumstances, instant doubling a track would lead to the browse knob and navigation buttons to stop functioning.
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Engine DJ Preparation Software (Desktop)

Improvements and Fixes

• Downbeat detection has been improved for greater accuracy. Tracks that have been previously analyzed must be re-analyzed to take advantage of this improvement.
  • Other various stability enhancements & improvements

Downloads

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

29 Likes

Is it a best practice to select the entire collection and have it “re-analysed” for V3.2?

Yeah id say so, maybe leave it to do its thing while you’re doing something else.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t re-analyze classic tracks with uneven BPM where you have manually set anchors and beatgridded with Engine DJ. After trying all the software my conclusion is they should be warped in Ableton Live. Then, they can be analyzed / re-analyzed with no problem.

1 Like

Yeah thats a good point actually.

Wait-a-minute, I don’t see 3.2.0 on the release page? Ok, but it is in the links above.

3 Likes

just had that problem myself,updated 6000’s from web then went to DL 3.2 desktop and its nowhere to be seen ,just had to go back to 3.1

1 Like

Same here. Very weird.

Desktop via link above; 2 x SC6000 & Prime Go updated via Web, no issues*. All player USB drives unplugged when updating. *Except, 1 SC6000 rebooted in 3.2.0 but hung on subsequent manual shutting down. Held in power button and it shut. Works fine on reboot.

1 Like

Downloaded Engine DJ Desktop 3.2 and now it doesn’t recognise my memory stick. Rebooted the Mac and still the same issue :frowning:

Ableton improved the auto-warping algorithm a few weeks back, and now there’s another massive update (11.3.10). I’ve yet to try warping on my Push 3.

For many years I’ve longed to have Live quality warping in DJ software (or hardware). Maybe one day…

1 Like

Congratulations on the release folks! :partying_face:

Looks like a ton of work went into this one!

4 Likes

Ah, that explains it. Previously it was pretty labor intensive. A few weeks ago I gave it another go and was shocked how well it worked (mostly). It’s definitely the best way to make those classic tracks work cross-platform.

would be a good question… I have autoanalysis disabled, and some tracks are padlocked, since I’ve spent many hours fixing grid on old songs with variable beat, can someone clarify if reanalyzing would affect those manually adjusted grid?, thank you

PoraĹĽka

Locked tracks are not affected by reanalysis.

3 Likes

Once again, thank you so much Denon. You’re the best, and may good things keep coming with every update. Thank you, we can never say it enough.

Fuzzy Key is truly a must-have. The daytime mode is amazing, so many great things happening.

The FX Select will arrive on the Prime 4 and 4+, which will also be a must-have to quickly choose effects. But already, it’s a big step forward with all these added effects.

7 Likes

What partition type are you using ?

I understand then, that you can modify the grid in the songs that are not locked?.. if so, I will have to be careful, since it could cause problems in the ones that are already adjusted and slightly move the cue points, loops, etc. …