šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.1.0 Now Available - New Main FX, Touch FX, Smartlists + More!

Its worth a go for the price isnt itā€¦ that way the device is connecting through the USB slot and not headphone.

1 Like

I will also try it like this

1 Like

And for those of you watching the Master EQ thread, hereā€™s exactly the reason we shouldnā€™t have that feature!

https://community.enginedj.com/t/master-eq-all-in-one-devices/49237/18

:roll_eyes:

Any reason why the Players did not get any of the Main FX?

Ehm players donā€™t have a mixer section. :relieved:

1 Like

Yes yes True. However, couldnā€™t they have made some of those Main FX Touch FX for the players?

Arenā€™t you happy with the 10 they have added? That didnā€™t exist at all 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried with the phoneā€™s equalizers at maximum, and well, itā€™s not ideal, but I get enough signal to equalize with the other tracks, so for specific cases, I think it will do

I am very happy, but I am wondering why they put some and not all. I wanted to know out of curiosity. Their are some cool FX from the Main FX that I would have liked. No biggie, just wanted to know if it was technical or something else.

I would guess they concentrated mainly on FX that match up with the touch screen workflow. Most of the main ones are covered one way or another.

Ah true, minus a few. I am not being very clear, most of the Main FX are built into the 1800/1850. The ones that are not, I was wondering why they didnā€™t just add them to Touch FX for the player. I am being ā– ā– ā– ā– , but nonetheless, this was a big win for the standalone owners for sure. Denon is rebuilding that confidence in their consumers. Good stuff to come I am sure.

Donā€™t know really. Most of us generally use 3 or 4 out of those 10, I think.

I just wish InMusic would have atleast given the Numark Mixstream Pro 4-5 more effects.It would make a world of a difference. Maybe allow you to switch Echo for Echo Out.

• Echo Out
  • Reverb Rise
  • Beat Break
  • Backspin
  • Brake

Its to differentiate between products isnt it, and at least its consistent across the Numark range of products, from the Scratch mixer, the Mixtrack Proā€™s and the Mixstreams. You know what youā€™re getting and youā€™ll have to move up to Denon if you want more.

Im sure all those people looking at Seats want all the goodies you get on an Audi, but itā€™s not going to happen is it.

I agree completely but even Audi learned that if you start making VW with the similiar price point that you have to either provide similiar specs or discountinue the product. All I am saying is the Prime Go is now retailing for only $70 USD more than the Mixstream Pro Go. I guess my comment is more about treating the mixstream pro go relative to the price point and not the brand. And yes, it may make sense for people to get the Prime Go if the 3.1 updates matter but for those who already own the unit, its begs a discussion.

I donā€™t know where youā€™re seeing those prices but in the UK itā€™s a Ā£200 difference between models, which is over 20%. Ā£766 for the Numark, Ā£969 for the Denon.

The fact is, they have chosen to dumb down the effects on the lower end model in order to entice people into buying the higher end model lines. This is essentially the same tactic used by companies to segregate their products across many industries, otherwise what would be the point of buying higher end models.

I bought the Mixtrack Pro FX, I was under no illusions that it was going to give me the same level of performance my higher end Serato gear has over the years, nor do I ever expect it to. in 2023, Ā£766 is budget level DJ gear.

Final point, the SC Live 2 would be another natural upgrade for the Mixstream, and its around the same price as the Prime goā€¦ so you might as well just buy either of those if you need the extra features.

In the USA, Amazon has the Denon Prime Go for $906 and used for $679 while the Mixstream Pro Go for $839 and $797 used. It is so crazy how prices are different depending where you are located. I get it, The Prime go gets a metal build, not plastic. Better outputs and all of the features. Numark gets better battery life, Amazon Music. I am just saying that a $199 budget controller using Serato DJ Lite gets the effects I mentioned. I love the unit and teach a class in the park with 2 of these. I am just passing on the feedback I get. I am a Rane Four guy so donā€™t mind me.

Completely different market though and Serato DJ Lite is terrible at pretty much everything a piece of DJ software needs to be.

I get youā€™re receiving feedback like that, but this is a common theme since the inception of the internet, people buy or look at buying the cheapest available product then bemoan the fact its lacking the features of the higher end/higher priced stuff. Im also into photography and exactly the same conversations are had in that space, why doesnt my Ā£800 camera have some more of those features the Ā£2000 camera does, and often they arenā€™t willing to pay any more for it.

1 Like

Did anyone have any issues with the update? Updated mine and now it turns on in the wifi menu. All the buttons and the touch screen are disabled and then it just shuts off. Does anyone know of a way to do a hard reset? I have a gig this Friday and this is no bueno at all.

Hard reset is in last option tab in settings. Itā€™s clears out any funkiness.

The WiFi menu can be dismissed in the top right and permanently in the bottom left of that screen.

1 Like