Engine DJ v3.0.0 Won't Migrate Database

I want to help you but first of all for my part I am on Windows 10 and I only use a single external SSD that I plug into my computer when I work on my playlists on engine, and then that I plug into my prime 4 when I play. I don’t know is this can work with your set up

1 Like

same problem. reverting to previous version.

was happy with it

Any link to previous versions???

1 Like

There’s already a thread running on this point, with questions and advice on that thread, including interesting points about those using Lexicon DJ or that old old Denon cnversion utility

1 Like

Where is that thread?

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ scroll down (maybe expand some text)… al available previous versions can be found there

In this case, you may need to manually transfer the data or use a special tool to convert the database into a form of sustainability.

Just hoping for some direction by someone from Denon. This is too wide spread not to be addressed. And losing playlists is not an option that any of us should have to face.

1 Like

Thx! i made backups so 'm up & running again.

gona take my time next week doin the upgrade. imo… upgradingprocess shouldn’t be such a hassle… probably it’ll work out fine.

It also says on the bottom of the release text to “update proper before getting into professional environment”

Solution ? Up to now?

Hey David, just to be sure…

1- ishould back up the library on my external ssd 2-un plug ssd from my computer 3- un install engine 2.4 4-delete collection from laptop (c: and:) 5- klean registry 6-install 3.0 7-open 3.0 and shut it down 8- plug external ssd and reopen 3.0

Am i on the right path?

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Happy Mixin’

You also have to delete the engine library on your pc/laptop. Folder C:/user/music Engine 3 will create a new one when opening. Be sure also before to have no errors in your files. Scan your collection with mp3 val

David i’ll give it a go and keep you posted.

Thanks for your promt reply

Happy mixin’

no joy, thanks for your input… will have to rely on the genon team :unamused:

Didn’t work ? :confused:

Sorry man! I’ve tried 10 different ways to fix this but no luck for me either.

1 Like

That’s really weird. :confused: I wonder if it has something to do with database that have been imported from other universe, like rekordbox, serato, lexicon… My database is pure engine…May be there is something going wrong with informations that have been converted, who knows. Engine is so unstable. The fact that it’s perfecly working for some users and not for others is very strange.

2 Likes

Weird you say… what is really weird is that nobody from Denon is stepping up to the plate…

enough for me…ill stay on 2.4 for now

2 Likes

Not a problem brother, just spoke this with a DJ I know from Ireland :ireland: and he done the update before his set and all is working fine. So I have a new confidence :joy: hopefully :pray:t3: :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3: thanks for even considering doing it.

1 Like

It is a little odd I’ll admit. Again hopefully they’re trying to figure it out so they can crank out an update! Fingers crossed!

1 Like