Engine DJ v3.0.0 Won't Migrate Database

I get the database incompatible error. I thought that the database would be updated when you connected a device. I plugged the hard drive into the Prime2 and the Mixstream and I’m getting the same error. The system says the files are available and I can see them as files but I can’t use the playlist or use it to mix.

Does this mean that the drive I have all my music on can’t be migrated and I have 11K tracks that I will have to move and recreate all the cues?

1 Like

Same problem here ! 2.40 to 3.0

1 Like

Same Problem!!!

1 Like

same here, i’m getting tired. Inmusic should have bought Traktor, cause reinventing the wheel is causing Denon and the Dj’s involved a lot of patience, malfunctions and other BS. This is not normal, being affraid of every update cycle Fíng things up further. got Gigs tomorrow, now what! Again…

1 Like

I have the exact same issue.

my tracks and database are on an external drive (f)

how do i get version3 on my system.

2.4 runs flawless, and i’m sure that 3.0 will be the same

if anyone is able to up;oad a step by step method to have 3.0 up and running, i would be grateful.

thanks to all and happy mixin’

:grinning:

1 Like

+1. Did they test it at all ???

2 Likes

I’m also having this problem. I don’t even have any external USB drives attached it’s just not wanting to read the database on my computer’s HDD. Replying to see if/when there’s a workaround.

1 Like

Also reporting the same error. No external HDD, Mac M1 user latest OS.

2 Likes

Same problem here with a mac & internal hard drive. The players and connected media updated flawlessly.

1 Like

Same problem here. I hope this gets addressed soon because while I’m fine for this weekend’s gigs I won’t be for next. I’m also now in too many threads about this same problem. Not sure if @JWiLL wants to consolidate them all into a single one? Thx!

1 Like

Same here. collection on the external drive, upgraded players and then plugged in my external drive and got a similar error on the sc6000. Engine dj software is way too buggy and missing some pretty foundational features (i.e. smart playlists). I still manage my library externally and only use engine just to get it onto my decks.

1 Like

May be it can help. I think the problem is the engine library in music folder. Best thing to do is completely delete it. Uninstall 2.4, I mean REALLY uninstall by cleaning registry, install 3.0. Open it once then close. Then I plug my external ssd Samsung T7 shield, all my playlists were there with cues and loops. Made a database back up before closing. Then plugged it to Prime 3.0 updated and everything works. Don’t forget to back up everything before ! And never update before a gig… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

On Mac OSX big sur?

Ok on Mac I can rename the Engine Library folder. Restart Engine OS on Mac and the go into my library settings and restore my last backup and it picks everything up perfectly. But no migration is happening. I shut down the program and reopen it and bam, database error all over again. Very frustrating.

@AIRVince @JWiLL Is there any way I can force Engine to perform this ‘migration’?

1 Like

Hi there,

It would be great if you made a video of you process, you seemed to have nailed this​:raised_hands:t3: I’m going to wait a few weeks before I do my update, these new features look outstanding and someone really listened to the users on this, even more to come. I was doubting buying Denon, it’s looks like I made the best choice. Let the good times roll, also never update before any event is sound and informative advice :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

I don’t have the ability to make a video. But if you want I can explain you step by step

1 Like

This would be outstanding if you could, I get really frustrated at times with the technical part of my hobby Djing, I come from a engineering background so I’m all hands on, so sometimes miss the detail. I have a macpro and a Denon prime 4 with a SATA card fitted, I only use Applemusic to keep things simple, even though I’m at the point of wanting to download my couple of thousand CD’s I have in storage. So any help would be fantastic :ok_hand:t3::raised_hands:t3::pray:t3:

I want to help you but first of all for my part I am on Windows 10 and I only use a single external SSD that I plug into my computer when I work on my playlists on engine, and then that I plug into my prime 4 when I play. I don’t know is this can work with your set up

1 Like

same problem. reverting to previous version.

was happy with it

Any link to previous versions???

1 Like

There’s already a thread running on this point, with questions and advice on that thread, including interesting points about those using Lexicon DJ or that old old Denon cnversion utility

1 Like